Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the type, style and size of the fender rail bolt? I dropped one when taking off the backrest and can't find it so I need to see if I can get one around town. I was thinking maybe Granger ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
You can also try Fastenal if you have one close to you.

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
Its an 8mm take one with you and they can match length and thread size. I get most of my stuff at fastenal. Good Luck

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
DON'T go to Honda for it. They'll charge you $8.00 for it!

·
Registered
905 Posts
TennX said:
Its an 8mm take one with you and they can match length and thread size. I get most of my stuff at fastenal. Good Luck
The rear one is 8mm, the front 2 are 10mm, I believe the pitch is 1.25 on all of them, not 100% on that though.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Eddy,

Let me know if you have trouble finding the bolt you ned. I can get them from the place around the corner from me.

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
b.hartman said:
TennX said:
The rear one is 8mm, the front 2 are 10mm, I believe the pitch is 1.25 on all of them, not 100% on that though.

Ok he has an S I have an R if were talking about the chrome rail that bags and sissy bars and such bolt to all of mine are stock and 8mm, my bad if I was mistaken.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all, I am going to go out and search for one tomorrow. I took the Boss bags off for a major cleaning and then pulled the back rest off since I only use it when the wife rides with me and I dropped it I think in the grass.

Thanks again

·
Registered
905 Posts
TennX said:
b.hartman said:
TennX said:

Ok he has an S I have an R if were talking about the chrome rail that bags and sissy bars and such bolt to all of mine are stock and 8mm, my bad if I was mistaken.
:oops: I have a C, maybe the c is different. I may be the one who is mistaken.

·
Registered
905 Posts
ok, I looked it up just for clarification, here is a link to hdl's micro fiche for the s/r style rear fender and stuff..............http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_section_detail.asp........according to this, the front bolt is 10mmx40mm, the middle bolt is 10mmx32mm, and the rear bolt is 8mmx22mm..................and they can all be had for $2.50 a peice, but I'm sure you can find them locally instead of waiting for them

·
Registered
925 Posts
VTX-Ryder said:
DON'T go to Honda for it. They'll charge you $8.00 for it!
What have y'all done to make your "gentleman dealer" so angry and bitter? I just replaced 2 of my rail bolts and when I asked how much ... the guys said, and I quote ... "Take em." :shock: :shock: :shock: :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts