Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to take the SS Badger across the lake, head north into the Upper Peninsula, head over to the east side of the U.P., cross the Mackinac Bridge, and then head home. The objective is to take some photos of our bikes with some of the lighthouses along the way, but you need not care about that stuff to join in. If you haven't crossed the lake on the Badger (or Lake Express, etc.) before, it's a cool experience, and riding thru the U.P., as you may already know, is quite beautiful. So far, at least one of my friends is coming along, but the more the merrier! If anyone would like to join us for this ride, you are more than welcome to participate in some/all of it with us. Drop me a line if you're interested!

Where to get more details on this ride?
Click this link >> Ferry Across the Lake, 8/11/12

Why pictures w/ lighthouses? A group of folks that I ride with, the Great Lakes Road Riders, has a yearly event called the Landmark Ride. Lighthouses are the theme for the 2012 GLRR Landmark Ride. Need not be a GLRR member to participate. Need not be an "official" Landmark Ride participant to join us for the riding. It's all good!

·
Registered
686 Posts
I would love to do this ride, but I no longer live in the chicago/
Milwaukee area. Did your group do a ride last year with NEW in
The name of the town? I was at my aunts houes last year and about
7-8 bikes came into town New Bedford was the name, needed to get
A picture to prove they where there, my aunt showed them a weight
Limit sign that had the name of the town.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would love to do this ride, but I no longer live in the chicago/
Milwaukee area. Did your group do a ride last year with NEW in
The name of the town? I was at my aunts houes last year and about
7-8 bikes came into town New Bedford was the name, needed to get
A picture to prove they where there, my aunt showed them a weight
Limit sign that had the name of the town.
We did head across the lake last year too, but it was to go to Lambeau Field, and then up to Duluth. Those other bikers were probably doing something similar -- a treasure hunt, of sorts. :firstplace:

·
Registered
626 Posts
hey guys, Geno13r here from tn. I'm planning a ride up there on aug. 11th to spend the night in chicago then ride the up and cross into canada on monday morning. got any tips or cautions i should know. would be great to maybe ride with ya'll some

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump... Just bought ferry tix on the SS Badger... Still time for anybody to jump in and come along for the ride!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts