Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, but now what can you use for passenger peg extensions to clear the pipes? :Shock: I have the Kury 360* adjustables. No go, the angle they are at won't work (I kinda anticipated that one) so I have the Cyclistic ones here too. Nope, not happening.... what are any other options? I still need to lower the peg height a bit.... the stock pegs I'm betting could melt because they are so close to the pipes.

I might have to make my own?

IDEAS??

OK, ramble done.... this just got a lot more complicated... :roll:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Are the V&H pipes you have for a C model or for an F model? Maybe the pipes sit lower on the C model exhaust bracket? I have the Cyclistic pass. brackets on my F with the stock pipes and had no issues at all using the Kury Retro pegs. I also have stock C brackets that I was hoping to use when I get new exhaust, I guess I will wait and see what your outcome is first.

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'd recommend waiting... as far as I know, the exhaust is for the F... after looking at a buddies C with the same exhaust his pipes sit a little different (but I think the bracket might have been installed wrong)... unless someone has some sage-like wisdom for me, I may have to create something on my own...

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
I think kuryakyn makes some pieces that will allow you to extend the pegs outward...

FYI C and F V&H pipes are the same and they come with a mounting bracket :wink:

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Dan, but I have the 1.5" (got em on the highway pegs and pulled one off to try the theory out) and they will get out a little farther, but are not made (to my knowledge) to fit the rear mount. But then you still cannot get any extensions onto them because they are made to bolt right up to the pegs.... [email protected] it... any other ideas? I'm open to new ideas and appreciate the suggestions!

·
Registered
527 Posts
nodakbassmaster- Which year of C passenger peg mounts did you end up buying? I remember you posted a question about why the more recent ones are much more expensive.

I would like to try the C mounts. That might be just enough of a drop down for my wife's legs, but still be close enough for my kids to reach it.

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
nodakbassmaster said:
Thanks Dan, but I have the 1.5" (got em on the highway pegs and pulled one off to try the theory out) and they will get out a little farther, but are not made (to my knowledge) to fit the rear mount. But then you still cannot get any extensions onto them because they are made to bolt right up to the pegs.... [email protected] it... any other ideas? I'm open to new ideas and appreciate the suggestions!
Hey post up some pictures... :wink:

·
Registered
621 Posts
X'N said:
nodakbassmaster said:
Hey post up some pictures... :wink:
Nodak, could you post some pics of the issue you are having? I just went to the garage and did some mock-up work with the C model rear brackets that I have, and I can't see how there would be a clearance issue with the V&H. I found this pic of PhillyAnt's blue F model and it shows a pretty clear pic of the rear pegs, and I am thinking that the Cyclistic extenders would work as well. Hope this helps bro, because I am in the same boat as you :wink: . Here is the pic
[/url]

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hey Nodak, here is the pic of my F with the Cyclistic extenders on the passenger pegs. I am thinking that if I use the C model pegs it would only lower this current position, so if I am using the V&H pipes then it shouldn't be a problem right? Hopefully :oops: .

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
manleyf2 said:
Hey Nodak, here is the pic of my F with the Cyclistic extenders on the passenger pegs. I am thinking that if I use the C model pegs it would only lower this current position, so if I am using the V&H pipes then it shouldn't be a problem right? Hopefully :oops: .
I'd hold off on them.... sorry for no pics, but i've been busy packing. I'll renew this when I get back in a week. (those extenders will not work with the bigshots...) 8) see you guys in a week...

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
manleyf2, aren't those peg extenders in your picture hitting the stock pipes, or is it the angle the picture was taken at?

Pics-
stock peg on C rear peg bracket w/ V&H (clears, but not by much!)

cyclistic peg extenders resting on pipes (not good)

Kury extenders...

C rear peg bracket from the side...

·
Registered
621 Posts
nodakbassmaster said:
manleyf2 said:
I'd hold off on them.... sorry for no pics, but i've been busy packing. I'll renew this when I get back in a week. (those extenders will not work with the bigshots...) 8) see you guys in a week...
They clear the stock pipes. Here is a pic from the rear. Keep in mind that I still am using the stock F model rear brackets.

I wonder why the F has this issue and not the C model?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts