Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I admit I was somewhat skeptical, but it was clean, and felt really, really good.
R&D guys that drove it said it handles well fast and slow, and sounds even a bit deeper than the 1300. I was sold. There were alot of good remarks, alot.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looked like there was def room for more tire. Hondas guys even commented on that. The mono shock set up was incredibly clean, and as you sat on the bike the rear fender really hugged the tire.
To answer my own earlier question about not having the brakes on the same side was due to meeting Hondas safety standards on the geometry of this bike.
It really didnt scream chopper to me, just a really cool motorcycle.

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
The color matched frame is a nice touch. I hadn't noticed that earlier.
What is the finish on those wheels?

·
Old Goat
25,853 Posts
Again not that it matters but Im becoming a convert :thumbup:thanks for sharing

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Just can't get over them not blacking out that engine:( It would totally change the look for the better since there is so much more engine showing. I'm starting to really like this bike.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"What is the finish on those wheels?"
Seemed to be a matte slightly course aluminum, but with a coating -
looked and felt easier to keep clean.
A blacked out engine on the Limited Edition (blk and grey) would have been nice. The silver with silver wheels was really sharp though.

·
3,915 Posts
I'm going there tomorrow. I started out not liking it but this blue on blue appeals to me. the rear set up is nice. I'll ask about the biggest tire change and report back.

This looks pretty nice but, who does it appeal to? I already have a VTX with a 1800 motor. Would I get it for a second bike?

As long as I still have my X (the fury would be redundant) it doesn't make my top 5 bikes I would own.

A lotta Honda Marketing HOO-HAH for nothing.

Maybe I'll change my mind after I sit on it

·
Registered
808 Posts
Anybody have a full shot of the right side of the bike? Price? Availibility? Was in the dealer today and the guy had never even heard of it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Anybody have a full shot of the right side of the bike? Price? Availibility? Was in the dealer today and the guy had never even heard of it.
Was in Dealer today he ran the Honda Pro-Mo disk for us Stated price between 13 & 14. Sound on disk was a bit lower ,throatier. No mention of when they will receive.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
R&D Fury and Honda were doing alot of interviews and filming.
Asking what price you though it was worth, what was to high - comments etc... No price yet.
One mentioned they were following what was being said online for input - hopefully that was VTXOA?
Apparently the black and grey will be the limited edition and the other colors will be full production.
I heard March and "Spring".

G

·
I'm going there tomorrow. I started out not liking it but this blue on blue appeals to me. the rear set up is nice. I'll ask about the biggest tire change and report back.

This looks pretty nice but, who does it appeal to? I already have a VTX with a 1800 motor. Would I get it for a second bike?

As long as I still have my X (the fury would be redundant) it doesn't make my top 5 bikes I would own.

A lotta Honda Marketing HOO-HAH for nothing.

Maybe I'll change my mind after I sit on it
Ghost,

Would you snap a photo of the vin sticker? I am interested in seeing
where this bike is made. One would think it would be Japan. Since they are closing the US factory in the spring.

However, since they used the 1300 engine. I would think it would come off of the same assembly line as the vtx.

The vin will show where it is built.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Made in Japan. Marysville is pushing out GoldWings and 1300 VTXs.

Carl

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sitting on it made a BIG difference, still cant get over the feel.
Great bars, seat, tank and much lighter.

G

·

Thank you!!!

I know they are closing the US plant. But, with this bike having a VTX engine. It made more sense, to me, that the Fury would be produced on the same assembly line as the VTX. Particularly since the engine plant is in Ohio as well. I thought that they may have changed their mind. I guess not. I was holding out some hope for the American workers.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
nYcVtX, nice job and thanks for the pics.

Clean lines and a pretty good result for a factory "chopper inspired" bike. The blue looks like the same blue on the '09 limited edition Gold Wing.

I don't understand the $13 to $14 estimated price tag. They would sell more under $12k.

Again, they should have chromed the lower forks. It's good that they chromed the triple trees.

One thing is for sure, it will be a dependable bike.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No problem. It was fun and exciting to see. I actually had that same feeling
when I sat on an 04c in 04 and then went and bought mine.
$11,899 would be nice! I dont think in theory it should be that much more than the VTX.

·
Registered
174 Posts
i think the yamaha raider is alot better looking bike than this thing....

·
Registered
527 Posts
1 - 20 of 65 Posts