Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after only getting to ride her for 3 days and going for a tumble, she's back on the road.
I like to know what I'm riding and after having to order parts to fix her up I discovered a few fun things about this bike.

It's a 2006 VTX 1300R that came with a VTX 1800 N3 rear fender and front wheel, Baron crash bar, and a Memphis shades windshield with only 622 miles.

I replaced the broken Memphis shades with a tinted one that was the correct height. Vance and Hines Big Shots exhaust, Baron 4" risers, Mustang seat, Baron crash bar, Led ascent lighting, and new
progressive shocks. I also just got the rear turn signals on to replace the ones I had lying around till they could get them in stock again.

I just need to get some paint on her to get the road rash out and the tank back to the way the old one was.

I plan on putting some dampener baffles in because wow, she roars, definitely not a kitten.

Truly an easy bike to work on.

I do have some questions for you guys if you could lend a hand. I am looking for a bag or something to go in front of the handlebars. Most of what I find are just fork bags and open away from the
rider instead of towards. If you have a suggestion, I'd love to see it.

Also while looking at the owners manual I found that the VTX 1300R only had 60hp? I have an old 79 KZ 650 and it has 64. Is this accurate?

I was also looking at the kickstand mod here trying to figure out what would work best, because it's really tight against the frame and hard to get a hold of.

Thanks for the group, ride safe.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Attachments

·
Old Goat
24,170 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup:...as Spike said thats a 1300C front wheel...I use to run one ...looks good under a fat fender....good luck

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
59 HP what I remember.

TennX must be asleep at the wheel.
He was an early user or originator of a carb spring bracket to lower the kick stand.
Drawer knobs, drawer pulls were some of the things mentioned or posted on KS help.

I don't know why it is difficult to hook the KS, I guess VTX riders many have their toes pointing out!

Google time "vtxoa: kick stand"

The answer was many threads, this was the latest.
https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/7-vtx-1300-riders-board/461454-side-stand-hard-reach.html

·
Registered
209 Posts
She's a good looking bike. Ride to be seen.

·
Super Moderator
63,576 Posts

·
Old Goat
24,170 Posts
59 HP what I remember.

TennX must be asleep at the wheel.
He was an early user or originator of a carb spring bracket to lower the kick stand.
Drawer knobs, drawer pulls were some of the things mentioned or posted on KS help.

I don't know why it is difficult to hook the KS, I guess VTX riders many have their toes pointing out!

Google time "vtxoa: kick stand"

The answer was many threads, this was the latest.
https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/7-vtx-1300-riders-board/461454-side-stand-hard-reach.html
didnt want to toot my own horn...:grin2: it in the how to

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Windshield bag or pouch.
Google this "vtxoa: windshield pouch"
Many answers found, pix and forum threads.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, was told 1800 by the guy that replaced the tire after I found out they are different sizes. Good to know for the next time I need new tires so I get the right ones this time.

As for the kickstand I have always used my heel to grab hold of it and push it out not my toe, hence the perpendicular foot to bike. Guess I need to learn a new technique.

·
Old Goat
24,170 Posts
Just a FYI...I never had trouble with KS...just thought the mod was cool....:grin2:

·
Registered
483 Posts
I was also looking at the kickstand mod here trying to figure out what would work best, because it's really tight against the frame and hard to get a hold of.

Thanks for the group, ride safe.[/SIZE][/FONT]
I installed this.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Motorcycle-Kickstand-Extension-Arm-for-1-2-to-3-4-Diameter-Stands/401786376784?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Make sure the kickstand is well lubricated so it moves easily. If nothing else spray with WD40
where it connects to the bike (the hinge).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts