Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!
I’m finally joining the ranks and picking up my vtx 1800 today. My dad is a looooong time poster here, Bigg Daddy.

My only concern which has been shared by many other owners, is burning my leg on the rear pipe. I don’t have long legs so it happens almost every time I ride.

he told me somebody on the board makes a leather shield for this exact reason. Any help would be much appreciated.

Keith

p.s. thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all of the support you showed us when Drew was with us, and when he departed. We got alot of love from this board and it means the world to this day.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Howdy from Texas and welcome to the club.

Yessir, you can buy the "Crotch Cooler" from Cpt. Itch, as JPT already mentioned.
I have the same one and it really helps keep the pipe and engine heat off my right thigh while riding and especially while stopped.
The fitment was not bad, had to make it fit just a tad but NBD.

·
Registered
2008 1300T
1,231 Posts
Welcome to the board!

I also have one from Capt. Itch.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Oh... Also want to note my Crotch Cooler works with my ultimate seat, but doesn't work with my Corbin dual tour seat (I only have a solo in the Ultimate, when I ride 2 up I remove my solo rack and use the Corbin seat).

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Best wishes and best of luck with the bike LD. Enjoy the road ahead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts