Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The snow and ice finally melted enough and had a really nice day yesterday so I had to take advantage and go for a ride since I hadn't been on it since the end of January. It took me 2 days to shovel the snow and ice pile in front of the shop to get my bike out. My last VTX didn't like the cold very much so I wasn't sure how this one would do. It started right up. The freeway here was calling my name so I had to go for a nice little ride. Man I sure loved the 75mph speed limit. Just had to be careful with all the sand still out on the roads. We finally got some warm weather and tomorrow its supposed to snow here again.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Southern Wyoming.
Make sure you somehow do a trip from Baggs via Riverside to Centennial.
Roads won't be ready for a while yet.
Google maps is a pain because it refuses to include roads that are now winter-closed, but basically, from Rawlins to Baggs, Riverside, Centennial, Laramie and back to Rawlins is about 315 miles.
You can of course also do smaller pieces, for instance ignore Baggs.

And while typing this I see that you're also not far from Muddy Gap, Casper, Medicine bow. Actually, the whole state of Wyoming.

You'll have fun!

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Southern Wyoming.
Make sure you somehow do a trip from Baggs via Riverside to Centennial.
Roads won't be ready for a while yet.
Google maps is a pain because it refuses to include roads that are now winter-closed, but basically, from Rawlins to Baggs, Riverside, Centennial, Laramie and back to Rawlins is about 315 miles.
You can of course also do smaller pieces, for instance ignore Baggs.

And while typing this I see that you're also not far from Muddy Gap, Casper, Medicine bow. Actually, the whole state of Wyoming.

You'll have fun!
Thanks, I will remember that. There is a really great riding community here from what I hear. I already met the owner of the sporting good store and she rides. She gave me the dates of some rides. I like smaller groups better. I have only been here in Wyoming for 2 months now. I am excited to do more exploring. Especially once my husband retires in Washington and joins me here in about a year. I see you are just outside of Denver. Plan to make a few trips there but most of those will probably in my cage with my mom. I was born there and my dad is burried outside Denver. I need to take my mom to see his gravesite and she wants to see some areas where we used to live. Then I do want to take my bike to the Mesa and visit relatives sometime.

·
Super Moderator
6,125 Posts
I'm not surprised that you shoveled snow so you could pull your bike out and ride it Monica. You never were one to let the weather slow you down much.

It's finally starting warming here, and drying out a bit. Fun cars and my bike come out of Winter storage on Monday. I'll have more free time this year and so I'm looking forward to a long rinding season. Lots of quiet country backroads in this neck of the woods. Just have to constantly watch for deer.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not surprised that you shoveled snow so you could pull your bike out and ride it Monica. You never were one to let the weather slow you down much.

It's finally starting warming here, and drying out a bit. Fun cars and my bike come out of Winter storage on Monday. I'll have more free time this year and so I'm looking forward to a long rinding season. Lots of quiet country backroads in this neck of the woods. Just have to constantly watch for deer.
You are very correct. At some point I will probably get a 4 wheeler and use that to get around in the winter. I didn't plan the moving to Wyoming very well. In June I bought a Camaro. Not very good for winter here. But I will get on my bike as much as I can. Just need to do a couple things to make it easier for me to get it out. The shop door is really hard to open and I can barely open it. Then I have to go out via a side gate into an alley and its not very smooth doing so. I thought I was going to drop the bike coming back.
We have too have to watch out for the deer. There are lots of deer who live in town. I hear there is some great riding here. So looking forward to that. But hoping I can ride out this summer and if I do I will try to see about having Jon do some maintenance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts