Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Seat Dr
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Saturday my wife and I were out riding and we stopped by the local Honda stealer to see the Fury in person. I was told they had one. Well, long story short, they sold it Thursday. Today I was in my office and heard a bike coming, I figured it was our scheduled ride in. Nope, I looked out my office window and there going by was a black Fury and he was slowing down to pull into the shop. I go outside before the guy even gets stopped. Well, I get close to the bike and think damn this guy looks familiar. Sure enough, it was one of my old racing buddies from back in the day. We caught up on the past few years and talked about his new Fury which he had bought Thursday, if I would have known I could have just rode over to his house to see it because he lives on the other side of town. Of course he was complaining about the seat so this afternoon we worked on our first Fury seat. I took a few pictures but a storm chased me a way from the shop before i could upload them so I will post them tomorrow.

Overall, I am very impressed with this bike. Very sexy looking and pictures do not do it justice. This bike has so much potential...damn it I want one now.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Last Saturday my wife and I were out riding and we stopped by the local Honda stealer to see the Fury in person. I was told they had one. Well, long story short, they sold it Thursday. Today I was in my office and heard a bike coming, I figured it was our scheduled ride in. Nope, I looked out my office window and there going by was a black Fury and he was slowing down to pull into the shop. I go outside before the guy even gets stopped. Well, I get close to the bike and think damn this guy looks familiar. Sure enough, it was one of my old racing buddies from back in the day. We caught up on the past few years and talked about his new Fury which he had bought Thursday, if I would have known I could have just rode over to his house to see it because he lives on the other side of town. Of course he was complaining about the seat so this afternoon we worked on our first Fury seat. I took a few pictures but a storm chased me a way from the shop before i could upload them so I will post them tomorrow.

Overall, I am very impressed with this bike. Very sexy looking and pictures do not do it justice. This bike has so much potential...damn it I want one now.

I will be calling on your services for seat mods soon, its not all that comfy for sure.

·
Old Goat
25,174 Posts
Im going looking Saturday, I hope Im as impressed as you were.:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I saw one at the local Honda shop. I like it alot. Pictures don't do the bike justice. I think it gonna be a seller!!

·
Seat Dr
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only bad this about the bike that got my attention was the darn tag mount which my buddy is working on getting rid of.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Saw three at local dealer last week and was impressed . Not what I'm looking for but I think they will sell well .

·
Registered
504 Posts
Saw Three Today!

Nice Machine, the Burgandy was my favorite.
I will not be purchasing one, the pegs are to far away, and my right leg rests agianst the head and air breather. NOT COMFORTABLE, was one reason for not purchasing a HD (one of many really).
I will stick with my 02 Retro.
BTW, the rear plate set up is ugly as sin.:dontknow:

·
Registered
6 Posts
nice bike if only the mean city cycle logo was in the back ground lol love my new seat put 120 miles on it today no problems stock seat really hurt my back.

·
Seat Dr
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice bike if only the mean city cycle logo was in the back ground lol love my new seat put 120 miles on it today no problems stock seat really hurt my back.
Is this better? Stop by Monday and I'll take a picture of it with the trailer in the back ground. Huge billboard with the MCC logo on it ;)

·
Old Goat
25,174 Posts
Saw one in person Sat. pictures dont do it justice, I will never buy one but its a nice effort on Mother Hondas part. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
...Very sexy looking and pictures do not do it justice.
I don't know, it looks pretty damn good in the pics you posted!

I'm glad they're getting good reviews and selling like hotcakes. I hope everyone that **** on them before they were even released are enjoying the taste of their crow dinners!

I was tootling around town last night and ended up over by our local Honda shop. I stopped and shined my high beam in the front window, to see if they even had one of these things in there. Sure enough, there it was - about halfway in, somewhat hidden between their one DN-01 and a pole. Seems to me they'd stick this thing right in the front window, instead of hiding it among all the Gold Wings and scooters, but what do I know about it, right? This one was blue, which seems to be the least impressive color to me. I like the black one and the gray one...

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
impressed

:thumbup: i spent 30 minutes Saturday checking out a silver one at the dealeship that my son is a mechanic at. I was extremely impressed, if i didn't need a bike for long distance 2up riding, i'd be all over that Fury.:doorag:

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I myself spent some time checking one out at my local dealer Saturday.

The overall profile and looks of the bike are ok. It felt very light sitting on it. This could be attributed to the plastic fenders and a very small tank. There seems to be alot of plastic on this bike, possibly to keep the cost down ??? They tell me it lists for 13K...........too much for what you get.

I also noticed some ugly ass welds:roll:, they could have done a better job on this.

The soft tail look is clean. :thumbup:

I am quite sure that Honda will develop other versions over the next year or 2 from this platform.

Plenty of room for a big motor :thumbup:

·
Seat Dr
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One thing about the pictures that I think dont do the bike justice is you can't tell how long the bike is. In person it looks big and the pictures on Honda's website must have a guy 6'6 riding it because he makes the bike look little and Powermax looked like it fit him really good and he is around 6'1

I told the wife I was selling the VTX and CBR and going to get one. She said to sell the VTX, CBR and Deluxe and get a Boss Hoss.....damn I love that woman.

·
Registered
14 Posts
One thing about the pictures that I think dont do the bike justice is you can't tell how long the bike is. In person it looks big and the pictures on Honda's website must have a guy 6'6 riding it because he makes the bike look little and Powermax looked like it fit him really good and he is around 6'1

I told the wife I was selling the VTX and CBR and going to get one. She said to sell the VTX, CBR and Deluxe and get a Boss Hoss.....damn I love that woman.

Cool, a new shop bike!

·
Registered
6 Posts
yes much better pic love the seat it fits me well almost to the 300 mile mark. was looking to remove the tag bracket sat afternoon but was way to pretty to sit in the shop so i just went and rode lol got a plan though just need time i did get the reflectors off though looks much better. thanks again for all your help.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I got to see one today at the local Stealer, Black go figure!!!!!!!!!
It is a lot better looking in person then in pictures. I like the clean up they did with the top of the jugs and tucked the key into the side cover, now all they need is a good key mod like the skull or something cool. All they need to do now is hide the wires in the bars and NICE

·
Registered
457 Posts
Nice bike... but

I sat on one at a dealership in N.H. Very nice looking bike, felt very light and a little too small to me though, I am only 6' tall.

I would probably love the bike if the overall design was wider (fatter) like my azz... I think that would give it a more solid feel and look. I am not a welder, although I did play a welder once on t.v. but I took the time to look around at what people are talking about, Ok, so it could have been done cleaner, but I agree with Hal, I think something was there for one reason or another..

Don't think I would ever own one, but very nice job overall, and congrats to the new owners!! Sharp bike

That's all I gotta say about that.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts