Honda VTX Forum banner

Finally!!!

1K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Harbinger 
#1 ·
Its MY bike and its HOME!!!

Of course, it has barely rained n the last 2 weeks, but tonight while I was working at Home Depot, we get just enough rain to mess up my clean bike.

Now I should get too sleep, because unless there is a torrential downpour in the morning I have to ride to work.

Hopefully I will have time to clean it up and take some new pics before I take my wife and the hemorrhoids (my name for the kids) to the lakefront for fireworks.

#4 ·
It looks good, enjoy.

Dale

#6 ·
Of course I brought it to work today. 2 coworkers were waiting for me to pull up. Others got out of their cars as I pulled in. Im not the most popular around the shop, but everyone had to check it out. A few trustworthy souls (others who ride) got to have a seat even.

Then of course, this afternoon, it rained again just enough to make last nights waterspots look worse.

#8 ·
I just spent a few hours washing/waxing/polishing it up. This bike is awesome. I feel like I cant even use its full potential in the city here.

Someone tol dme that it looks like it has been lowered. Any ideas, otherwise I will be at Culvers on Tuesday hopefully. Wife is bugging to go for a ride, so we will hit the roads around town tonight for awhile. Then I told her that if shes not working Tuesday Id take her for ice cream. The 12 year old fits the bike fine and finally I can get the 8 year old on this bike also, he knew exactly what he has to be able to do (reach the pegs) but was never able to get them on my old Kawasaki KZ750

Anyways, here are the pics...

[/img]

You cant see it from the pics, but the sidecovers had been repainted for some reason, you can see the sanding scratches in them, gotta fix that. The wheels are pitted quite a bit, but Id love to get them fully polished, and the chrome on the Hypercharger is a little flaky, is it possible to just get a new outer cover for it?

#9 ·
Took my wife for her first ride tonight. I was thinking of hitting the sticks and going out National (ES) for a ways, but she had lakefront on her mind. So we jump on the freeway near Miller Park and we are traveling along just fine. The bike is handling like a dream and we are both fairly comfy. Then we get into the downtown confuction and she sees the grating of the road and thinks we are in trouble, (mild grating, didnt even make the bike swerve) so she asks me to get off the freeway. I goofed up and ended up taking her over the Hoan Bridge (Im glad she didnt freak about that, but we were going slow, I hope that county bus didnt want to pass us) and we end up in south Milwaukee. As we head down Oklahoma she is starting to squirm a little, so I ask if shes still allright on the seat. I said something about the price for a sissybar, and she was suprised, but I think Im getting the OK to hurry up and find one. Then we headed over to Kopps on 76th and Layton and then headed home. It was a nice ride overall.

#11 ·
Firemanirfd said:
Hows the seat treating you?
Im getting used to the seat for my little around time (5-10 mile) rides, but I had my wife on back tonight and she was getting squirmy. What I think I want is a 2 piece (love the solo look) with a sissy bar, that is quickly attached.

#13 ·
I checked out BadXs site. It looks like a plan, for winter. Do the prices listed include any mods to the passenger part? OK I know ask him myself later.

If you could leave those brackets on that would be cool. Im planning on going to TWT, but my wife wants to come with (loves her ice cream) so we wont be up until around 7:30.

#14 ·
looks like the pillion is $65 and the drivers seat depends on what you want to go with. You could keep an eye out in the 1300 Classifieds threads also, sometimes you can find them up for sale.

7:30 works for me, ill keep an eye out for you.

#15 ·
Really Soon said:
[/img]

You cant see it from the pics, but the sidecovers had been repainted for some reason, you can see the sanding scratches in them, gotta fix that. The wheels are pitted quite a bit, but Id love to get them fully polished, and the chrome on the Hypercharger is a little flaky, is it possible to just get a new outer cover for it?
The side covers are chrome on the 1300 from the factory. So someone painted them black.

#17 ·
D@mn, with that price difference I can see why he bought the unpainted ones, but they did a horrible job of prepping them. I like the chrome ones, but I might take a stab at just repainting the ones I have over the "w-word" around here. Im sure I could do a better rattle can job that the PO did on them.

I knew this forum would help me discover other aftermarket things I didnt even notice.

Saturday morning I am going to take a ride to Sportland 2. Whenever I have been in there looking for anything they always ignored me, and they are the first place I was always going on any of my metric bikes. So now (maybe just for my ego) Im going to stop by, while I still have my license applied for plates from Road, Track and Trail. Sportlands parts dept went above and beyond one time, but their service and sales have turned me off.

#18 ·
Your bike looks really sweet. I'm partial to the C model :D The switchblades are a very rough finish from the factory, I bought mine and my painter friend bitched about them...........but they turned out really nice and are a definate improvement over the originals (at least on the 1800).

Don't think I'll be at the upcoming TWT, but I'll catch one soon and I'd love to see your ride in person...and meet you too!!!!!

Later,
Sam

#19 ·
So now I changed my name to my traditional screen name for forums.

Anyways, Saturday I jumped on the freeway and headed to Sportland 2. Bike handled great, I only went up to 80 though (not used to a smooth trustworthy bike after my 94 Sporty and the 77 KZ I rebuilt) As I pulled off on Rawson there was some "lady" on my arse on her phone so I was getting ticked at that as the light turned red, and I decided to stop. Once at Sportland though I found the cargo net I thought would make my morning commute better. Then after I put that on in the lot I decided to see what the rear seat nut would run me, and get a size for it. Honda wanted $2.99 for a 6mm cap nut, I found it later at Home Depot for $.46

Now Im hoping the rain will stay away in the morning today so I can ride to work again. Tuesday I plan on showing up at Culvers after a quick wash after work.

#20 ·
Hey dude, I'm pretty nearby as I now really live with my gal Jen on 84th and Burleigh. I see you don't care for the seats. I know the feeling. I had BadX do my seats up this spring, and it was much nicer. HOWEVER, they still tend to suck after a long day on the bike. They are great for the 1 or 2 hour trips around the area, but if you ever intend to actually go somewhere far away, and ride all day long two up, the Ultimate Seats are what you're gonna need. If you and your wife want to feel what it is like, let me know and we can get together and you can take my X out for a spin and really feel the difference. Now, Jen and I can ride all day long and it just doesn't hurt anymore. The driver's backrest is soooooooo much better for me now. At last, I can truly cruise all day. Its really cool feeling the bike move under you without the seats slamming up your butt on the bumps. Yeah, they are expensive, so save up now for next year, but do get them if you intend to ride anywhere significant.

Now I really need to change my signature pic to show how different the bike looks today. That is over a year old!

#21 ·
DanOz

Sorry I couldnt stick around to meet ya, I seen your bike at Culvers but never seen you to let you check out my switchblade setup - Oh well there is always next week, or anyday really :lol:

you can always pm me if you want to hook up and go for a ride.

We really need to do a meet and greet some time, any chance your interested in going to the tech session on the 28th? We can probably get some folks to meet up with and ride out together.

#22 ·
No problem about not being able to wait around. I brought my wife and she decided to make a meal out of Culvers tonight. She isnt really into bikes other than riding on back (we play with the idea of her getting one once in awhile though) Once we got done eating, I realized I parked on the wrong side of the lot

The 28th I have to help someone move so I wont be able to go.

Im sure I will be back at TWT next week, solo this time though. My wife probably wanted to make sure it wasnt a bunch of half naked girls running around (thanks for getting them gone before we got there)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.