Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Verrice said:
What time are you thinking of going? If we can get a babysitter, and the weather holds, I'll put my wife on the back and join you.
Guessing we would leave from McHenry Co. area around 11:00 or so and plan on being there 12:00-1:00 , closer to 1:00 if we make a stop or two on the way out.

So far weather is looking good, close to 80 degrees on Sunday and last I checked the rain is gone from the forecast :mcrider:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Acrotech said:
Guessing we would leave from McHenry Co. area around 11:00 or so and plan on being there 12:00-1:00 , closer to 1:00 if we make a stop or two on the way out.

So far weather is looking good, close to 80 degrees on Sunday and last I checked the rain is gone from the forecast :mcrider:
That's what I saw too, looks like a great day for a ride. I assume we'd ride around afterwards? I live pretty much down the street from this one so I'd probably just meet you there around 1:00p. (Still waiting to hear from wife about babysitter)

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I'll be there, but I'll probably be on the wing leading my chapter there to participate in the goings on.

G

·
0 Posts
mike were would we meat up by you / let me know and ill try to be there
greg 8)

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
6STRINGMAN said:
mike were would we meat up by you / let me know and ill try to be there
greg 8)
We can meet up at Hooters in Crystal Lake, actually the parking lot behind Hooters at the Menards would be bettter.

Since you live further west, we could always find a place closer to you as well since we would be heading that way, then again that would just mean you get to ride less :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
sun is not going to work now wife reminded me of things we planed to do :( / have fun / i am going for the ride on sat /
8)

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I ended up going with six other bikes (11 people total) after a nice 120 mile morning ride. It was AWESOME, the custom bikes were anywhere from fantastic to frightful, one bike even had a front tire that is wider than most bikes rear tire. The crowd was definitely H-D oriented, and of course with that came some of the really nasty 1%ers but overall it was still a great time, I would say that with the results from today they will be definitely doing this again next year.

·
Registered
127 Posts
We made it up there at about 3:30pm (thought it would rain- otherwise we would have been there at noon). I understand that it was incredibly packed at noon. Definitely a H-D crowd (must've missed my fellow VTX-ers as the only VTXs I saw were mine and my buddy's). Met some very nice folks (and almost a had run-in with a rude one). I was told that there was a VTX in the contest with a digital shifter(?) among other things but that was gone by the time I got there. A few interesting bikes, some crap (IMO), but any day to get out and ride, see a ton of bikes, and get some good grub is a good day as far as I'm concerned. I took a bunch of pics but don't know how to attach them here (let me know how and I will do it today, if anyone is interested).

Hope to see some of you next time...[/img]

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
X, you must have rolled in as we were leaving. Ran into a few fellow WIVO's, was a great time.

The X that was in the show had a auto- shift package on it. I forget the guys name that owned it, he did say he comes to this sight now and then but never to the IL board. But from what I recall he had a accident and to make it easy on him to ride he put on the auto shift. Sounds like it makes for some fun riding too :shock:

There was well over 1000 bikes there, they just kept coming and going non-stop. Ended up being MUCH bigger than the organizers thought it would be.

Was a great time!

·
Registered
264 Posts
was a good time

rode up there with big mike his 13c mine and two rockets. met up with a couple harleys and iron horses on the way aswell. so pulled up in a pretty good pack.
the x that was in the show was at 13c with 240 kit. its funny cause i was alcalde's last week and saw the pics he just picked it up then i see it at the show. yeah i guess alcalde did all the work on it though. thought looked good but the paint job was to similiar to another alcalde bike there. same patter almost and think exact same colors.
any one go to the ore after ward probably bout 200 bikes theres saw the trex there to

1 - 18 of 18 Posts