Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was leaving the gym and approaching my retro and across the parking lot one of the trainers yelled "Harley man" I quickly replied, sounding a bit disgusted "its not a harley" His reply: "what...... uh, ok.....I was just joking man". Didn't really understand the context of his reply but I think he was trying to avoid any more dialogue. I guess I can forgive him, it was dark out. 8)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Thats why I have the NOHARLY license plate. Makes people think twice when they see and hear my ride.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
if you would put on a helmet, you wouldnt get thoes remarks

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have had more guys on Harleys ride down the road and start to wave back, kind of a "is that a Harley or not, should I wave or not" type of look.
Even after they pass, I still don't know if they are sure what I'm riding. Just makes me laugh a little :lol: .

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't even look like a Harley guy. I'm not overweight, no long hair, don't stink (well maybe a little after the workout), not dirty, and no leather! Go figure???

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Why is it that HD is synonymous with bashing ??

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, I'm really not bashing or intending to. Just all in good fun. I respect all motorcycles and riders. Harleys made motorcycling what it is today. They deserve due credit. :wink:

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
pepsX said:
You tryin to start somethin? :badabing:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet no one but us know what I'm talking about!!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Do you think the only Harley riders that wave have done it by accident. I notice its about 1 out of 3 or 4 will wave. Maybe some of them are just normal guys who enjoy riding?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hey jhran, I like the other picture you posted better! lol

·
Registered
289 Posts
I ride w/a mc that is made up of harleys,vtx, and about any other kindof bike. I dont think many harley riders care what you ride as long as you ride, I've even been invited to a few of our local hog chapters rides.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heck, I have found that the majority of Harleys I pass wave or wave back. On the other hand, about 95% of sportbike riders never wave or wave back in my experience. I still keep on waving to them. Also, for the record, I have never had a negative harley (rider) experience. By-the-way My first motorcycle experiences were as a passenger on my highschool girlfriends dad's Harley.

·
Registered
135 Posts
HD riders have always ignored me whenever I pull into a gas station for as fillup..I usually ride solo..Several times I have said hello with no response..I know they knew I was there by the eye contact made..Also as they pass me on the road, they'll blast past me and cut me off after glancing over and seeing that I'm not on a HD..The only friendly contact I've had with HD guys is a one on one conversation away from bikes..Then it seems to be a rider to rider situation..Pulled into a service station with a couple of groups of HD's hanging out there..As I passed in review and nodded at a couple of them with just stares in return, the cold chill of "another metric bike" was felt..No love lost for HD guys here, I'm afraid..I don't go out of my way to retalitate but I, for sure, do not initiate contact any more..And I will wave at ANY rider..After all, riding is what it is all about,,HD or not!! 8)

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
cool runnins said:
pepsX said:
You tryin to start somethin? :badabing:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet no one but us know what I'm talking about!!
back off! :twisted:

Jk
I ride with some of the nicest harley ridder I have ever met, and I too wave at all ridders, metrics, HD's yes, even crotch rockets. the crotch rocket guys usually slow down cuz they think im trying to signal something is wrong with their bike lol.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I guess it's different everywhere else but i have never had this happen, here we have a (biker bar) that everybody goes to on sunday afternoons, and about every weekend i notice a harley rider looking my bike over and they even say hay man nice bike. :?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mad Scientist said:
Heck, I have found that the majority of Harleys I pass wave or wave back. On the other hand, about 95% of sportbike riders never wave or wave back in my experience. I still keep on waving to them. Also, for the record, I have never had a negative harley (rider) experience. By-the-way My first motorcycle experiences were as a passenger on my highschool girlfriends dad's Harley.
The sport bikers rarely wave back because they are in such a forward lean thier chins hit the gas tank when they do...fun to watch...

I went home for lunch today and waved at 5 seperate bikers and none of them waved back, although 4 of them were on Kawasaki's and the other was a sport bike and the guy looked like he was busy trying to become roadkill... :D

·
Registered
759 Posts
My experience with HD riders has bee differnt than yours I guess. I have noticed that the majority of people who don't wave, or wave back are riding metric cruisers, and I have only had one HD guy not wave at me. The rudest seem to be the guys riding the Wings, or at least that has been my experiences here in Harely world WY, where every other house has a motorcycle parked in the garage.

George

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
VTX4BRENT said:
I guess it's different everywhere else but i have never had this happen, here we have a (biker bar) that everybody goes to on sunday afternoons, and about every weekend i notice a harley rider looking my bike over and they even say hay man nice bike. :?
Me too, although I'm not old enough to drink I have been around a lot of Harley peeps that like the VTX, and most all wave.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts