Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 VTX1300C that I bought about 1.5 years ago. I have been looking to upgrade the exhaust system but have a lack of funds do to an upcoming wedding. I also enjoy being on here and reading about all the different mods than can be done on a low budget and finally decided to give my first mod a try and did the Clayton Mod. I have seen several variations in the amount of holes and patterns and just wanted to give my experience. I drilled 7 holes in a V-shape, one at 6 o'clock position and 3 on each side of it. I drilled the 6 o'clock and what would be the 1 o'clock and 11 o'clock holes at 1/2 inch and did the other 4 at 1/4 inch. I then drilled 1/2 inch in each baffle at the 6 o'clock hole and did this on both pipes. I am pretty pleased with the result. I listened to sound clips on youtube and there weren't many quality sounding videos so I wasn't really sure what to expect but using the pattern and amount of holes i did and putting 1 hole in each baffle gives it a pretty good overall sound that is vastly improved over stock and I think will hold me over quite nicely until I can save up the money for new pipes. Still want to get rid of all the weight from the stock exhaust. Now just need to get the time to do the Pair Valve Removal mod and get the permanent A/F screw:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Nice. Nothing wrong with the factory exhaust, they are duals!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I bought 1 3/4" 30" chrome straight pipes from one of the big online bike dealers and it fits the pipe where the stock mufflers come off.
I think they were about 30 bucks each.. and I love the sound, sounds like drag pipes.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I did the same as I'm waiting for extra cash to do a full replacement.

I drilled 4 x 1/2' holes, didn't get it very symmetrical, 3 o'clock one is off...but still sounds better than stock.

I like Frankie's FSD exhausts, but I need something with a baffle/muffler in it...
As nice as some of the mainstream pipes are, if I'm going to shell out some cash for new pipes I want them to be different than others.

Leaning towards something like:

http://www.hackercustomexhaust.com/products/metric.php

Here's a couple of "photo shopped" pics with them on my bike (yes, I am not very good at it!).

my-bike-hacker-pipes-1.jpg

my-bike-hacker-pipes-2.jpg

·
Registered
128 Posts
Same bike, i did the clayton and then about a year later i did the deep clayton mod. I did have to open up the a/f screw a tad but i love the sound difference. Still want pipes though.

·
Registered
936 Posts
How do you like that batwing? Iv'e been looking at them.
Love it. No more buffeting.

Plus it's quick release so I can remove it and ride "au natural". :doorag:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Same bike, i did the clayton and then about a year later i did the deep clayton mod. I did have to open up the a/f screw a tad but i love the sound difference. Still want pipes though.
Did you have to adjust the A/F screw with the regular clayton mod or just after the deep clayton mod?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
In a few years, you won't even remember all the exhaust mods you've done. Let's see... I did the Clayton mod, the deep Clayton mod, the Kiwi mod, then bought Cobra slip ons, and finally settled on Roadhouse slip ons that I pretty much stole from a friend on the forum. I think I'm sticking with them.... I think.

·
Registered
128 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts