Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday night the weather was around 70 degrees and I heard it might rain in the evening. Well I rode anyways and although I kept thinking I should get back before it pours but I just couldnt do it...I kept riding. Well this is my first cruiser and before this this I owned an R6 Yamaha crotch bike. :oops: Its sucked in the rain and scared the bejeezus out of me! (the Yamaha) So naturally I was kind of nervous for this to happen on my VTX....
So it happened :shock: I got caught, the skies opened up and rained on me with a fury and I was on the highway!
Well I got to say that my 1300 (black R) preformed beautifully. Not once did I feel scared (well maby just for the first turn) This bike acted like there was no rain at all! after the initial shock I felt so comfortable! :eek: If anything has made me love this bike I'd say the handling in the rain has made me revowed my love! My only problem was how dirty she looked :( after the ride! I rode 40 miles in the rain going 70 mph no sweat! Sorry this is long winded but I just had to share this story! Any post rain ride maintenance I got to do either than detailing her?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I know exactly what you are saying. I have so much confidence in the 1300 when it's raining. I didn't take a single day off last season because of inclement weather

X13

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I'm about to find out about that confidence, my X is ready at the dealer from getting it's service, and it's starting to rain, yippee, skippee. :?

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
Even though it is quite stable in the rain - be careful of the first few minutes of rain when all the oil floats to the surface of the road. Especially if it hasn't rained in a while (like around here).

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Not real crazy about the idea but, it's supposed to rain off and on all day tomorrow too, wonder what they have in the way of rain suits? :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dont worry Cody450!

Just like Poison wrote: [be careful of the first few minutes of rain when all the oil floats to the surface of the road] the rest will be taken care of by your awesome VTX bike! I swear I think my bike loves me back! I would never, I mean never ever ride that fast in the rain if I didnt feel safe....She just loves to be ridden I guess :p

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I got caught in the rain today on my way home from work.. First time ever being on a motorcycle in the rain and only been riding for 1 month to top that so I was a little nervous. X did really well. To quote poison though.. it has just started raining when I left and the road was like ice. The rear tire did try to slip a little when turning in the intersections but other than that it was a cool ride. I even had some people walk past me while I was sitting still waiting at a light that asked how I could be smiling sitting in the rain on my bike.. I said go by a VTX1300 and see if you can stop smiling.

Bode.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
We've been caught in the rain twice with the both of us on the bike. It seems to handle just fine. Only complaint I had was the second time my butt got really soaked and it was cold...so went and got some rain gear to wear. The first time we got caught it was a warm day, by the time we got to the end of the poker ride we were dry, no rain gear for that trip.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Pöi§ön said:
Even though it is quite stable in the rain - be careful of the first few minutes of rain when all the oil floats to the surface of the road. Especially if it hasn't rained in a while (like around here).
Made It, Made It!!!! This 1300 Retro is AWESOME!! Took it easy of course, and the X took the rest. To say I'm highly impressed would be an understatement. Man, what a Ride! 8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts