Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great ride today! From Castle Rock to Franktown, then to Monument on 83 and to Sedalia on 105 and back to the barn. This is wonderful ride any time you can work it into your schedule. If you are planning to attend the Colorado Ride in July, try to work this in!

Did you ride today, if so tell us about it.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Ronnie,

Sounds great. I miss Colorado. Got my first bike there. My wife and I used to hop on the bike and head out from Denver on Hampton Ave. and take the back roads to Colorado Springs then hit the freeway to head back home and rescue the babysitter. WOW ... that was 25 years ago. :shock:

I was in Colorado in July and rode from Cañon City to the Springs then up Pikes Peak. The next day we headed S. to Bishop's Castle. A couple of good rides.

Yep! I did ride today. My brother (and riding partner) mounted our rides and headed out for nice ride. We went out by the lake here in Austin, taking the back roads home. Nice twisties, nice relaxing ride. Gone about 2 1/2 hours. Really enjoyed it. If the weather is nice, I may have to go on another ride tomorrow.

·
Registered
199 Posts
yep also rode today, our lawdogs mc met up and rode to downtown memphis to watch the nuts ski in the mississippi river. it was chilly this morning but layered up and rode, nice and sunny!
nuttin in memphis:doorag:

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
After a quick 9 holes of golf, I took the X to my favorite 9 miles of sweepers and twities just south of town and back before heading to the in-laws for dinner. The weather was 55 degrees and calm winds so it was a great day to get out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
First ride.

First ride of the year here in Little Rock.
Weather was cool but the skies were clear and sunny, an absolutely beautiful day

Also my first post on this Forum, just discovered this website a couple of weeks ago. Bought a used '05 candy apple red 1300R back in July, couldn't be happier with a purchase. You guys have a great website here, great information.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Rudy,

... my first post on this Forum, just discovered this website a couple of weeks ago.
WELCOME ABOARD! It is a great group of guys and gals here.

Bought a used '05 candy apple red 1300R back in July, couldn't be happier with a purchase.
Post some pics of your ride when you get a chance. We all like looking. We are also a bunch of voyeurs here. :yikes:

·
Registered
120 Posts
My first ride of year. Got up this morning rode 150 miles to the coast and had some fish and chips for lunch then came home. Great ride except for a little fog. Nice and clear at Morro Bay though.

·
Troll Patrol
4,743 Posts
I was dropping my G-daughter off in town...saw 3 riders out.
I started getting giddy...the 10 miles back home seemed like forever.
I hurried & got my gear on and putted to downtown Boise for a couple
slices of pizza...took my time heading home, I wasn't ready so
I turned around and blasted up and down the interstate so I could open up a little more.
I was a bit happy on the throttle headed home on HWY 69
something told me to slow down, just in time avoid the radar. :lol:
It was only an 1 1/2 hours---61 miles but it helped take the edge off. ~M :mcrider:

·
Registered
824 Posts
+1 on the I gotta move. Last week we were snowed in. Now we are flooding. No riding right now in the Pacific Northwest :(

·
Registered
621 Posts
This is not intended to rub it in ... honest ... but I really enjoy Texas weather. It gets HOT in the summer :agree: ... but not like Phoenix. However, I would rather deal with the heat then go months or even weeks without riding. I don't think I have been longer than a two weeks without riding my bike since I got it, that was only because I was out of town on business.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Yep- got in a nice 200 miler yesterday around Lake Okeechobee. Great leather weather with just a bit to much wind, but hey gotta rack up the miles while ya can.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I rode 17 miles to work today, 30 degs out, hope it warms up some for the ride home.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I love to get out on New Year's day. Seems like everybody still at home trying to sleep off their hangovers. Not much traffic at nine in the morning.

G

·
56 more days........And I'm going ................................................ RIDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts