Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I have to take my bike to the dealer where I bought the bike for the first service? If I go somewhere else can I void the warranty?

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
You can bring it anywhere you like as long as they do what is required. Save your receipt and make sure it shows what services were done.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Juanchithebiker said:
Do I have to take my bike to the dealer where I bought the bike for the first service? If I go somewhere else can I void the warranty?
No and no.
Just make sure, who ever does the work, checks the valve lash and adjusts the valves if needed.
Make sure you get receipts and description of work performed, if taken to independent shop.
If you "DYI", save oil and filter purchase receipts. Consider buying the parts from the dealer. Make notes of valve lash before and after adjustment.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I had same issue....I took back to my dealer out of comfort even though he was twice the distance......I just wasnt sure if some clown might think
"I'll show him he should have bought here" and put some sand in my engine....yes I am a little paranoid but then again I worked in a kitchen when I was 15 and saw what some people did.. :shock: .......
NEVER, EVER send food back to be cooked correctly.....thats my tip of the day..... :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts