Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 VTX 1300S
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the new tires installed tuesday and bike registered and insured Friday. Took it out today for a quick ride around the neighborhood. After the first couple minutes of nerves being on a bike for the first time in 20 years I settled down and felt pretty good.
I do have a question about the floorboard shifter. First time using one. I wear a size 13 boot and had a little bit of a hard time. I hit it with my heal accidentally and shifted down. Anyone with big feet have suggestions or should I remove the heal part?
Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
2003 VTX 1800S, 2010 Goldwing, 2009 Spyder GS
84 Posts
When I got my S it had the shifter cut and it worked fine. I’ve since put an OE shifter on it to have continuity with my Wing but my foot is 10 1/2. I think you can use to it and get a feel where to place your foot. Highway pegs might help too if you don’t have them already.

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
When I got my S it had the shifter cut and it worked fine. I’ve since put an OE shifter on it to have continuity with my Wing but my foot is 10 1/2. I think you can use to it and get a feel where to place your foot. Highway pegs might help too if you don’t have them already.
Welcome (back) to this side, Mike!

Reactions: crAzyAce

·
Registered
2003 VTX 1800S, 2010 Goldwing, 2009 Spyder GS
84 Posts
Hey buddy!!!!! Trying a walk on the wild side :LOL: seeing some familiar faces already.

Reactions: rangers4u
1 - 5 of 5 Posts