Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeanne and I just closed on our new home. It was built in 1844 and we are the 3rd owners! Was a long time coming and I've only been this happy about owning something since the bike purchase 3 years ago. It's an awsome place and even has it's own 900sq.ft shop for the bike 8) 8) 8) 8) !!!!!!
Just had to post as you all are my friends and just gotta spout abit.

Tim :twisted:

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Tim,
"1844"???
Regardless that's a nice place; congratulations. New homes give one such a wonderful feeling.
'Course, so do new Xes and you got both.
Jim

·
Registered
468 Posts
Congrats Bro! Let us know when the house warming is. :beer3: :chef3: :beer3:

Brian

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
ANV1L said:
Jeanne and I just closed on our new home. It was built in 1844 and we are the 3rd owners! Was a long time coming and I've only been this happy about owning something since the bike purchase 3 years ago. It's an awsome place and even has it's own 900sq.ft shop for the bike 8) 8) 8) 8) !!!!!!
Just had to post as you all are my friends and just gotta spout abit.

Yea for Tim. :) Does it have indoor plumbing?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congratulations. Very nice looking home. I can only imagine the view from the upper floor. I am guessing this is the attic.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Congrat's Man... really nice house! Hope you and the Misses Enjoy every room.... :lol:

Aside... I see your nice pic flying down the road no hands and no helmet... sorry if this sounds like I'm preaching... but that's really crazy and not in a Good Kind of way!

Just finished watching the Indian Larry memorial show... which I know you know, he died doing a dumb stunt like that, and I bet he did it more times than most!

Wear a helmet Brother... and grow old with your wife in that great House!

RKip

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rkip..... No offence taken. I just live a little harder than most. I would never do anything I didn't feel comfortable doing and would NEVER put someone elses health or life in danger with my antics. It's all good my Brother and do appreciate your concerns.

House questions:
Attic?
Nope. It's a Widows walk. And yes a great view too on all sides. They were built for the "women folk" to see when their man (or company) was coming home.
Guest rooms?
13 rooms with about 3300 sq.ft... so yea there's room for the occational guests. :wink:

Really not trying to sound like I'm bragging. Just happy and proud.
Thanks folks!
tim :twisted:

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Wilbur!
Long time no talk! Same with you too Atadude and Woot!
Hope you Cats are well and have a GREAT riding year!

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
wow, pre-Civil War. You need to go treasure hunting in that house, lol!

FYI, widow's walks are usually only found along coastlines, typically for wives looking for their sailors to come home. You along a lake or something?

G

·
0 Posts
Nice!

Looking forward to seeing you and Norm Abrams on TV :wink:

I love old houses!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Congrats Timmmaaaayyyyy!

I got your message a couple of weeks ago but have been working flex hours since Dec. Throw me a pm with your phone and I'll call this weekend. BTW, I was just approached by the superintendent this morning and he set up a meeting for tomorrow morning. Looks like I'll be marking up this weekend. It's not "professional" pay by any means but should wring out to about $50k a year. That plus my military retirement and I just may be buying a house by the end of the year. Sorry 'bout rambling, just tired from the shift work.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Happy to hear the closing finally happened!

See you saturday! Now there's even covered parking if we have a little too much "fun" at Doyles! :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts