Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. i change my fluids, finally install my chrome reservoirs, Finally install my DayMaker RGB headlight. take the bike out for a quick ride, no issues. Mess around with my lizard lights and my RGB head light. forget to swicth the toggle off on my lizard lights battery goes dead. Put it on the charger overnight it starts. Forgot that i put the kick stand down while in gear and think the battery died again. put a Halo jumper on the battery, finally figure out OH CRAP my kick stand is down and its gear. put it in nute, it starts up. 1 mile later FI light comes on and no turn signals, get it home put it on the charger for 5 days. go to start it and i hear this loud buzzing. quickly find it. its my flasher relay Mitsuba FR-3303 buzzing like a bank alarm. UGH!!!!!!
Ok so i have LED turn signals, the resister i had burnt out 5 years ago (hooked it up wrong) never replaced it and lived with hyper flashing. I am guessing this lead to the death of my flasher relay. I am looking at getting this one: CUSTOMLED ELFR-1 LED Flasher relay with OEM connector. from what i am reading this will control my LED flashers. Anybody have any experience with this? Iam getting it either way. I wasnt sure if I still need the resister or if this will do it all.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update: upon further research this ELFR-1 actually does control hyper flashing due to LED turn signals. it takes place of the OEM relay and plugs right into the harness.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So i got my ELFR-1 in today, plugged it in and.............. yeah ... no..... My right turn signal lights up solid and when i try the left my headlight gets brighter and the left wont light up. And they dont blink at all...... any suggestions?

·
Registered
11,714 Posts
It could be corroded connections. Using an led with a base or wiring changes??
Bullet terminals in the HL bucket for Run/TS.
You never told us what model you have.

Reactions: Chuck VTX F

·
Registered
157 Posts
It could be corroded connections. Using an led with a base or wiring changes??
Bullet terminals in the HL bucket for Run/TS.
You never told us what model you have.
my remote Viewing is still broken..
2002 to 2004 has Analog turn signals ( old style )
2005 to 2008 has Digital controller for turn signals.

BIG Difference.
my opinion.

·
Registered
11,714 Posts
All stock items from 2002 1800C
Looked at old thread..

Whatever you did wrong probably took place in the headlight bucket.
Verify Ground wires, looks for opens, shorts blow fuses.
ELFR-1 appears to be a 2 wire flasher. Are the wires on the correct VTX connector???
+12v from fuse(Red wire), output to TS switch(Black).
You could be on the Position/Front Run light wires.
Do you have a test light???
You can start right at the flasher output to see if it flashes there.
Then you can see if there is flashing to the left or Right TS at the Bullet terminals.
1800C also has a diode fix for the single TS indicator when you went to led lights.
Bareasschoppers dot com
A TS diagram to study.
Remove all load resistors.

·
Registered
157 Posts
would have need helpful, he linked the old post :)

I no longer remember every post like a few years ago...
that is what happens when you near 70 years of age.
and a very sickly wife... 5 weeks of testing... and still no answers.
major internal bleeding ( intermittent ) and no idea where its coming from.
I have no relatives except for a wife'.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All stock items from 2002 1800C
Looked at old thread..

Whatever you did wrong probably took place in the headlight bucket.
Verify Ground wires, looks for opens, shorts blow fuses.
ELFR-1 appears to be a 2 wire flasher. Are the wires on the correct VTX connector???
+12v from fuse(Red wire), output to TS switch(Black).
You could be on the Position/Front Run light wires.
Do you have a test light???
You can start right at the flasher output to see if it flashes there.
Then you can see if there is flashing to the left or Right TS at the Bullet terminals.
1800C also has a diode fix for the single TS indicator when you went to led lights.
Bareasschoppers dot com
A TS diagram to study.
Remove all load resistors.
Sorry. 2002 1800C.
I didn’t do any changes to the wires at all. No load resistors added either. I just ended up replacing my original turn signals with LED TS. I had the OEM relay installed for over five years after switching to LED Ts. I had a faster blink rate but not super hyper flashing. The only thing that was not right other than faster flashing was it took a minute for my TS to work but then they worked fine after that. Almost like they had to warm up. But since my relay starting to buzz my TS wouldn’t go on and my FI light came on. Thought the ELFR-1 would correct that. The LED daymaker headlight is wired correctly and I have checked all my battery and grounding connections and they are all fine.

·
Registered
11,714 Posts
I should have posted this first.
TS switch has issues when grease gets old and polluted with dirt.
Clean & Lube PDF

1 - 10 of 10 Posts