Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just swapped out the stock turn signal bulbs for the plug and play LEDs and now the flasher speed is to fast.
Does anyone know of a flasher module to replace the stock one to correct this problem or is it something i will have to live with?
The guys at Autozone were no help.

Thank you,

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
really depends on your make, model, and year. things changed between the years so there is no "one" solution.

·
Registered
395 Posts
If your bike is a 1300, all you need to do is replace the OEM flasher with a LED flasher relay. Do a search for ELFR-1 flasher relay, I bought a $30 and a $6.99 relay, so far they both work fine.

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If your bike is a 1300, all you need to do is replace the OEM flasher with a LED flasher relay. Do a search for ELFR-1 flasher relay, I bought a $30 and a $6.99 relay, so far they both work fine.
I would imagine that it would also work for the 1800.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Reactions: schnitz

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
again it depends on the year, it won't work for 2005 forward as the turn signal relay is a 9-pin electronic circuit not a relay.

for 2003 it might, there is a write-up for it:

Diode "Fix" for the Honda VTX 1800C | Bareass Choppers Motorcycle Tech Pages
After reading the Bareass Choppers article the difference with the R and S model is there are two turn signal indicators on the dash where the C has only one. When I turn on the signal lights you can hear a distinct clicking noise like that of a relay. I guess the only way to make sure is to find where the clicking noise is coming from and make sure it is a relay and not something else.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just swapped out the stock turn signal bulbs for the plug and play LEDs and now the flasher speed is to fast.
Does anyone know of a flasher module to replace the stock one to correct this problem or is it something i will have to live with?

Thank you,
Use this one I don't know if I got it at autozone or orielleys, installed on my 03 1800c works great.
I had same problem couple years back :unsure:

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
69 Posts

Thank you,
I should add that it flashes at the same rate weather I have the trailer hooked to the bike or not.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I have a 2004 1800C and bought just a regular Chinese adjustable load-independent flasher for a few dollars. Truly. Don't remember the exact price but it was maybe $5 or $6.
Adjusted speed to my liking and haven't had any problems so far.

·
Registered
36,155 Posts
Same thing happened when I put LEDs on my Yamaha.
I have the Hyper-flash, but it doesn't bother me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts