Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Today i was driving when suddenly my fuel ran out. No problem, i changed to reserve and went to the fuel station. My friend said through the intercom that i was leaking fuel...

What i think is that my float bowl ran empty, the float was at the bottom. When i changed to reserve it got filled rapidly and my float got stuck.

I have fuel coming out of my airbox. Why is my float stuck, can i prevent this? (Or is it something else, gonna fix it tomorrow)

·
Registered
330 Posts
If it is sticking, have clean it up so it move smooth. My guess is your needle and seat are bad and that is not sealing even though float is coming up trying to close it. Also check to make sure there is no leak in float. If it has a leak you can shake them and hear fuel inside of the float.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,316 Posts
Usually trash, or rust in needle/seat. Verify float level.
MR VTX carb cleaning 101 >> Carb Cleaning 101

Check>> ACO diaphragm and accelerator pump diaphragm.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There was no rust but i did see a little bit of filth. Also in the fuel filter. How do i clean the tank? I think this is where it is coming from

·
Registered
12,316 Posts
If you can find a fuel filer made for gravity flow (lawnmower)you can use that to trap the trash.

Reactions: Jens Boedt

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could you post a link to what exactly you mean?

·
Registered
330 Posts
John Deere part number AM107314 is a fuel filter that would work for gravity feed. Just have to make sure what u use is a screen type filter not paper. The paper style needs a fuel pump.
If u have stuff in tank, pull the petcock and take tank off. Rinse out with mineral spirits. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
330 Posts
One more thing once you have the tank clean, find a location that sells BG products. Use some supercharge 2 product in tank. It has a rust inhibitor in it that will help clean you tank and stop rust. It is a stabilizer and mild cleaner as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts