Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Those things are great. I use one at work, granted I have not parked the bike on it but you can stand on it all day long with getting as fatigued.

Peace.
Moon

·
Old Goat
26,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No. But, it looks like it would be good for what it is. only 110 bucks. rated by users 4.8 out of 5 stars. May only work for a Harley though, as pictured.:joke:

I believe its oil resistant :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I have stainless steel under my bikes... my concern would be rolling my bike jack on that mat and tearing it up.

If your just gonna park the bike on it, then move it off the mat to work on the bike... seems like a waste of money to me IMO
You'd be better doing that black/white racing pattern with tiles on the floor to park & work the scoot on

·
Registered
431 Posts
I use something similar , a mat for high voltage electric. It is thick, oil and water resistant and easy when you are laying under the bike. I love it when it is oil changing time easy on the back and easy clean up with a shop towel. Mine seems similar to the link, I have not posted a pic since the change, if I can figure it out I will post a pic of mine.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I use a old 5x8 area rug for free:rolleyes:

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have an old truck bed liner that is rubber like a tire and use it. (new truck had plastic liner.) run the jack on it all the time. Don't think they are that much money.

MaxB

·
Old Goat
26,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I got a big azz rug under it now, but the knees and back aint what they used to be, I have some extra matting that I used in front of my work bench may be able to work something out, thanks for the replies and opinions.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I have an old truck bed liner that is rubber like a tire and use it. (new truck had plastic liner.) run the jack on it all the time. Don't think they are that much money.

MaxB
That's a good idea Thanks! I've got one just laying around I'll put it to use :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
No. But, it looks like it would be good for what it is. only 110 bucks. rated by users 4.8 out of 5 stars. May only work for a Harley though, as pictured.:joke:
Nahhh, it can't be made for a Harley, if it was, it would be more like $400 dollars not $110! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
824 Posts

MaxB

+1 on the rubber car mat like Max. Mine came with a truck I bought and I just trimmed off the parts that went around the fender wells. Now it 4'x8' rectangle. I use it every time I put the bike on the rack. That way when I drop a washer/bolt it doesn't roll away.

·
Registered
70 Posts
TennX,

One of the members here sells a mat like that. He can custom cut sizes. Send me a pm if your interested and I will put you in touch with him. I know his prices are a lot better than what your looking at.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I bought a rubber bed mat that is made for pick ups with those plastic bed liners it sets between the fender wells and is 4x8 works and less than 50 bucks.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Is the purpose of the mat to catch leaks from your bike and protect your garage floor? If so, I don't see why a VTX would need one. I have heard that leaving a rubber tire on a concrete surface will cause it to dry rot (urban myth?) so maybe that's what it's for?

·
Registered
509 Posts
I use one I picked up at a used/surplus store. It’s a heavy duty mat chemical resistant used in the aircraft industry. The main reason I bought it was to keep the kickstand from scratching the floor. I found however it’s great to have when working on the bike. The padding is easy on the knees.

G

·
5X8 area rug from wal-mart for $20 bucks.

Left over from my kid's dorm room.

I get big peices of carpet scraps left over from jobs, I use them untill it get alot of oil and dirt on it and the haul it to the dump and put a new one down. I lay down on it to change the oil. Once in a while, I have a deer go into the shop in the summer and lay on the carpet, to get out of the sun.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts