Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen these foot board gun safe pictures. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a retailer that i can shop their website for this?

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Many years ago someone posted a floorboard gun safe.
One company that pops up, apparently is out of business.
Maybe HD has something.
From a comment about gun safes>>In my VTX I use the toolbox spot. I can fit a LCP in without an issue.
Put an airbox on the left side... Re-inforced of course.

Reactions: SUMDATX

·
Old Goat
25,131 Posts
How effective can it be if u got to dig it out...just asking...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure about the effectiveness of it being locked. I'm planning my ride across Rt 66 next summer and if i need to modify the bike I'd rather have time to work on it. I will have my pistol under my vest. but just looking for other options. I don't think I'll get away with open carry on my belt or having my Kel-tec KSG in a holster like Mad Max. I'd rather exercise my CCDW and have it hidden somewhere. I just online chatted with JP Cycles and asked the same question and they disconnected the chat. I took that as a "NO, we don't sell that."

·
Old Goat
25,131 Posts
I carry in a ka-bar fanny pack....feel like Batman but it works......good luck...

Reactions: SUMDATX

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I believe the idea of the safe on the bike is for safe storage when one is prohibited by law from carrying on one's person.
Cars are easily lockable but motorcycles have a deficiency in that department. Not everyone has hard lockable saddle "bags".
Curious about the floorboard idea. Got a link to a video? (yes yes, I know, I could be less lazy and google it :D )

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there aren't videos on you tube for the floorboard safe but here's another way to CCDW.
I'll be visiting their website to see if i can get something for a VTX

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Hans, someone else on here carries one the same place. I like it.

Mick, I like the idea in the video. Just be aware of the states that would like to put you in jail if you are caught carrying. If it locks it would be better.

I too carry everywhere in the USA. I have make the choice every time I head out.

Back in the olden days, 70s, I carried in Canada and Mexico. I will not try it today. Chances are good they will find it at the border. Being from Texas I am asked a lot of questions about weapons when I cross into Canada. I have only been searched once in recent years.

I haven't been to Mexico in years and no plans in the future.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
You could also purchase a Sneaky Pete holster in the left handed version if your a right. You wear it on the outside. Couldnt get to it faster and you don't have to dress around it.

Reactions: StarrRider

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You could also purchase a Sneaky Pete holster in the left handed version if your a right. You wear it on the outside. Couldnt get to it faster and you don't have to dress around it.
OMG I love this idea!!!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I don't carry because I expect to shoot it out riding down the road, but in the tent at night, or broke down along a freeway at night or on a lonely back road is a different issue. You might note that the case is locked for those states where I don't have reciprocity. But the lock will come off in any state if I feel the need.

Reactions: 10Ring and leroys73

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Ed I thought it was you where i first heard of using the tool box.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts