Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 1800N model and would like to replace my floorboards with forward pegs and controls. Any ideas? Will ones from an R model fit or will I have to do some alterations? Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Just a thought whitebadger,
I have an 04 N, I too thought that I wanted the the forward control with pegs instead of my boards. I installed them, liked the looks, loved the feel at first, then after a couple of 400-500 mile days I realized that having my feet and legs so far out front put alot of additional weight that cannot be shifted around on my bottom side between tank fills. I went back with the boards and installed some highway pegs up front, I'm just a little over 6'1" , since intalling the highway pegs I have come to appreciate the many available foot positions boards allow, in addition the one other thing that the forward controls denied me was the option to shift some weight to my feet when a hole, dip or other bone jarring item sneaked up in front of me. I have to admit though, I still like the streched out ride of forward controls for shorter rides , plus with the boards I tend to scrape once and again , but if I'm in the mood to hammer some turns with friends I leave the "N" and my wife at home. Like I said it's just a opinion, it would be so much better if we all could have one cruiser, one sport bike and a tourer , till then I guess there has to be some amount of compromise. you gotta love the looks of the "N'" , huh ? When I put my forward controls on I used the Jardine's for a "c" model, (,since the frame is the same as the "n) got them to work with a few minor mods , went back with no probs. I'm hanging onto them just in case some day I can buy a dedicated tourer and just cruise local on my "n"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts