Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow riders. I am the new guy. I have been riding for about 15 years, but new to cruisers. I bought my 1800C a couple of years ago and love it, mostly.

The struggle I have is that I am 5'6" and the handle bars are a bit of a stretch. I know there have been many discussions here about, but I am wondering where I can find a set of "R" bars or if the Barons would do the trick for me.

Secondly, you can see in my picture the pipe routing of the exhaust. This setup burns my legs when I stop, I am assuming it's because I have short little troll legs.

I am looking at getting an Ultimate seat, that may help me a little, but if the braintrust here have any suggestions they would be welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Curt. I have the 1800C as well. Just a bit too far out for me long distance. I heard that the C already had 6" risers, but I don't know much about these bikes yet. I don't want to have to replace and extend cables as much as possible. Thinking 8" risers for me if the bars require too much.

·
Super Moderator
64,046 Posts
Nope, the C has 4 inch risers and most C owners add 6 inch pullback risers from either Rivco or Aeromach.net to bring the bars back to a more comfy position. That's what I did

·
Registered
886 Posts
Welcome from Central Texas. Enjoy the ride, here on the forum and on the highway!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone, I ordered a set of Aeromach and they should be here tomorrow, hopefully get them put on over the weekend.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DO we have any real options for slightly forward controls? Sorry I know it's probably covered somewhere but I am trying to keep this post alive until I get my 5 moderated posts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts