Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has come up a few times.

Can anyone advise of where I could get a good deal on the 1800 setup (rotor, caliper and braket), or

does anyone know of a machine shop in the Buffalo, NY area that you would recommend to mod my 1300 rotor?

This site has more info. than google...Thanks!

Going up to Port Dover Canada for Friday the 13th..hope to see some VTX's

·
Sith Lord
4,919 Posts
An 1800C rotor is $100 on HDLs site. If I can't find one I'm gonna buy one.

Either way I'd have to get another rotor..either it be a 1300 or an 1800, no down time this way.

Watch the classifieds here for an 1800.

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
Contact the trike conversion shops. They will have the whole 1800 setup. I prefer the 1800 setup because of the increased braking performance.

·
Registered
905 Posts
cybrhick said:
Contact the trike conversion shops. They will have the whole 1800 setup. I prefer the 1800 setup because of the increased braking performance.
I totally agree, after having just done it myself last weekend. The added braking ability of the 1800 caliper was the first thing I noticed as far as the bike's "behavior change" from the mod. It is a very nice change, and already may have saved me from bambi, I swear I woulda hit the little :cus: with the old brakes...it was real close, and I much prefer to use a bow or gun. :wink:

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
b.hartman said:
cybrhick said:
I totally agree, after having just done it myself last weekend. The added braking ability of the 1800 caliper was the first thing I noticed as far as the bike's "behavior change" from the mod. It is a very nice change, and already may have saved me from bambi, I swear I woulda hit the little :cus: with the old brakes...it was real close, and I much prefer to use a bow or gun. :wink:
Would you care to upgrade from the Possum Pusher to the Bambi Basher?

·
Registered
905 Posts
cybrhick said:
b.hartman said:
cybrhick said:
Nah, bambi gets too damn big to "bash" with the x, but if you come out with the "basher" for a dodge truck let me know. :lol:

Actually my pusher isn't even on right now, I thought I could handle the body work myself and um, eh,............ I kinda can't :oops: . Found out the hard way that turning wrenches and doing sanding/paint work are in two waaaaaaaaaaaay different ball parks. :cry:

·
Sith Lord
4,919 Posts
cybrhick said:
b.hartman said:
cybrhick said:
How about a Curb Pusher? 8)

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
toasted_3111979 said:
cybrhick said:
[quote="b.hartman":1tzkulmu]
cybrhick said:
How about a Curb Pusher? 8)[/quote:1tzkulmu]

Don't you have the "hare splitter"?

·
Registered
905 Posts
toasted_3111979 said:
cybrhick said:
[quote="b.hartman":3f2xawlw]
cybrhick said:
How about a Curb Pusher? 8)[/quote:3f2xawlw]

:lol:, don't you hate those damn little critters, always jumping out in front of ya. The stop signs around here are known for that. I may or may not have killed a few with my cage in my early years of driving, they just run out and boom it's too late.

I think maybe a "curb crusher" though, I wouldn't want to try and push one.

·
Registered
905 Posts
cybrhick said:
Never heard of a "hare splitter". Now, I did hear that a certain resonator making member used to have a "hair splitter", but when his hair decided to split, he got rid of it. :lol: (sorry, I had too)

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
b.hartman said:
cybrhick said:
Never heard of a "hare splitter". Now, I did hear that a certain resonator making member used to have a "hair splitter", but when his hair decided to split, he got rid of it. :lol: (sorry, I had too)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey Mike, is he talking about you?

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
cybrhick said:
b.hartman said:
cybrhick said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey Mike, is he talking about you?

OMG!
ROFLMAO!!

You guys are too freakin funny.......

BUT....

One good turn deserves another....

Since Steve stole that pic from my secret family album, he don't know it but cybrchick gave me a few pics from his secret family album....

This is Steve when he was a skate punk....

and another little known fact is that he also used to listen to Avril Lavigne!

Hey Steve....who is the Bhartman guy anyway?
Does he know me well enough to cap on me like that?
ROFLMAO!!

·
Sith Lord
4,919 Posts
cybrhick said:
toasted_3111979 said:
cybrhick said:
[quote="b.hartman":2uc92u2y]
cybrhick said:
Don't you have the "hare splitter"?[/quote:2uc92u2y]

Yeah, split one and then got in an arguement with a curb the other night. 8) Pusher still won mostly. :?

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
toasted_3111979 said:
cybrhick said:
[quote="toasted_3111979":3fjg7yzw]
cybrhick said:
[quote="b.hartman":3fjg7yzw]
cybrhick said:
Don't you have the "hare splitter"?[/quote:3fjg7yzw]

Yeah, split one and then got in an arguement with a curb the other night. 8) Pusher still won mostly. :?[/quote:3fjg7yzw]

You know when I told you to abuse that thing, I meant just for the product testing period. Damn, boy, you're hard on your toys.

·
Sith Lord
4,919 Posts
cybrhick said:
toasted_3111979 said:
cybrhick said:
[quote="toasted_3111979":1g25pbch]
cybrhick said:
[quote="b.hartman":1g25pbch]
cybrhick said:
Yeah, split one and then got in an arguement with a curb the other night. 8) Pusher still won mostly. :?[/quote:1g25pbch]

You know when I told you to abuse that thing, I meant just for the product testing period. Damn, boy, you're hard on your toys.[/quote:1g25pbch]

Lol..yeah. It's bad...I wanted to abuse it before paint. Oh well, i've got some good ideas forming and the one small crack won't be an issue to cover. Plus it's on the bottom.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
cybrhick said:
b.hartman said:
cybrhick said:
Is this the Bambi Basher? at least it wouldn't go right under the front wheel
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
905 Posts
dangrousdan said:
Is this the Bambi Basher? at least it wouldn't go right under the front wheel
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: Thats great. Kinda reminds me of the front of a train engine.

micheal7276 said:
Hey Steve....who is the Bhartman guy anyway?
Does he know me well enough to cap on me like that?
ROFLMAO!!
:oops: sorry man, I was probably outta line there, but I hope ya got a little chuckle from it anyway........................................................................It's just a good thing you guys don't know my long and varied list of, uh........................... "short comings". :wink: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.