Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my rim and caliper and stuff arrived yesterday, and I got it all on. I was still a little concerned that maybe I hadn't straighted out my fender enough, but it looks like it will be fine. Sure woulda been nice not to have had to deal with honda's screwy fender in the first place, but I guess it wasn't that bad :roll: .

I am very happy with the results of the foots mod. For what it cost, I think it is definitely worth it. That 200 really looks beefy in the stock c fender. It fills it up really nicely. Now I just need to get the plate and rear signals moved....... :lol: we all know, it never ends. I also really like the feel/operation of the 1800 brakes on the rear, guess thats a possitive side effect.

Anyways, here are the pictures of the rear, and also some showing the new 11.5 inch progressives and hurricane intake....

This has been posted before, but here's one of the stock tire mounted on the stock 1300 rim next to the 200 on the 1800 rim....big differance, even more than is evident in this pic., which was taken in the dark.......

Does this tire make my ass look fat? :eek: Ok, ok, so it's not like 240 fat 'er nothin', but hey it's a lot better than before..........

Here's a few more pics that show the new hurricane and 11.5 inch progressives, and the new rear of course.......

And one last one that I just gotta put up cause I think it looks good. 8)........

·
Sith Lord
4,919 Posts
Looks good! Waiting on my wheel and rotor. Then gotta polish.

Did you use the 1800 brake line or the 1300 brake line? Just wondering before I start.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
toasted_3111979 said:
Looks good! Waiting on my wheel and rotor. Then gotta polish.

Did you use the 1800 brake line or the 1300 brake line? Just wondering before I start.
I had absolutely no issue with my stock brake line. I didn't even need to take off the last mount on the swing arm like I've read so many times. Maybe I just got lucky or something.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
hartman,
shave all that "sh!t" off the back end and it will lok fat.....
I did a side plate and moved the turns....alll you see now is a nice fat tire.

Get lots of comments about.
Your bike looks good......did you notice any handling changes?

·
Sith Lord
4,919 Posts
b.hartman said:
[quote="toasted_3111979":2f4zd97a]Looks good! Waiting on my wheel and rotor. Then gotta polish.

I had absolutely no issue with my stock brake line. I didn't even need to take off the last mount on the swing arm like I've read so many times. Maybe I just got lucky or something.[/quote:2f4zd97a]

Cool, thanks. The 1800 brake setup I got came with the line, wasn't sure about using it or the 1300 line. Re-using the stocker will save me a ton of time routing the line. :shock:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mishka said:
hartman,
shave all that "sheet" off the back end and it will lok fat.....
I did a side plate and moved the turns....alll you see now is a nice fat tire.

Get lots of comments about.
Yeah, I really really want all that, uh..."sheet" off of there. Eventually it will be moved, but I haven't figured out where or how quite yet, since I have my bags on there about 99% of the time. Most of the side mounts I've seen wouldn't work with my bags. I may have to make up my own someday.

mishka said:
Your bike looks good......did you notice any handling changes?
Yes it handles WAY better than before, but the day before I did the foots mod I changed my steering head bearings and front fork oil, and 2 days before that I changed the rear shocks, so it was all kinda like a big package deal. I do think the tire itself rides a lot better than the stock tire, but how much it helped/hindered in the curves is hard to tell since I changed everthing so close together. Whatever the case, it hugs the curves way better than before.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
As far as the stock brake line goes...I've recently learned that there are 2 different types of 1800C brake calipers out there (probably depending on year model, etc.). Any one else notice this?

A guy down the street from me got one like yours - grey with the brake line attachment on the front of the caliper - his brake line fit with no problem as well.

Mine (and several others I've seen on this board) is black and has the brake line attachment at the BACK of the caliper - this makes using the stock brake line a bit more of a challenge.

Just noticed this the other day and thought I would point it out. So if someone is wondering if their 1300C brake line will fit, they'd just need to check to see which caliper they have.

Here is a pic of my 1800C caliper - notice where the brake line attaches...

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LikeaBat said:
As far as the stock brake line goes...I've recently learned that there are 2 different types of 1800C brake calipers out there (probably depending on year model, etc.). Any one else notice this?

A guy down the street from me got one like yours - grey with the brake line attachment on the front of the caliper - his brake line fit with no problem as well.

Mine (and several others I've seen on this board) is black and has the brake line attachment at the BACK of the caliper - this makes using the stock brake line a bit more of a challenge.

Just noticed this the other day and thought I would point it out. So if someone is wondering if their 1300C brake line will fit, they'd just need to check to see which caliper they have.

Interesting, I definitely woulda had trouble if I'd have had to connect in the back like that. Mine does have a hole back there, but it has a set-screw type plug in it.

On another note, I went for a nice ride today, about 200 miles all together, I followed the lake shore around the thumb(of MI). During the ride, it was obvious that the bike handles so much better than it ever did. It loves to lean down in the corners now, and there is no effort at all to make it do so. It also holds it's line through the curves like nobody's business.

·
Sith Lord
4,919 Posts
b.hartman said:
LikeaBat said:

Interesting, I definitely woulda had trouble if I'd have had to connect in the back like that. Mine does have a hole back there, but it has a set-screw type plug in it.

On another note, I went for a nice ride today, about 200 miles all together, I followed the lake shore around the thumb(of MI). During the ride, it was obvious that the bike handles so much better than it ever did. It loves to lean down in the corners now, and there is no effort at all to make it do so. It also holds it's line through the curves like nobody's business.
Yeah, the caliper I have has the line on the back. I'll have to look and see if I can swap it to the front or make my 1300 line work...don't really want to attempt to route another line right now...got too much going on as it is. lol

Thanks for the heads up. :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok I have to ask... what is a "foots mod". I know I may sound like a newb, but I searched the forums and after reading a dozen or so posts I still don't know what it is. I figured it would be simpler and faster to see if anyone can fill me in. Thanks in advance, BD

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
BiGDoG96 said:
Ok I have to ask... what is a "foots mod". I know I may sound like a newb, but I searched the forums and after reading a dozen or so posts I still don't know what it is. I figured it would be simpler and faster to see if anyone can fill me in. Thanks in advance, BD
"Foots" is the member who first took an 1800 wheel, rotor, caliper, and caliper bracket and put it on a 1300. Thus the Mod is called "Foots" mod

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
toasted_3111979 said:
[quote="b.hartman":kfpig9uw][quote="toasted_3111979":kfpig9uw]Looks good! Waiting on my wheel and rotor. Then gotta polish.

I had absolutely no issue with my stock brake line. I didn't even need to take off the last mount on the swing arm like I've read so many times. Maybe I just got lucky or something.[/quote:kfpig9uw]

Cool, thanks. The 1800 brake setup I got came with the line, wasn't sure about using it or the 1300 line. Re-using the stocker will save me a ton of time routing the line. :shock:[/quote:kfpig9uw] i used the 1300 brake line, just used a spacer where the line bolts to the center of the swingarm. it gave the line some slack and works great. your bike is looking great! 8)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
thorshammer said:
toasted_3111979 said:
[quote="b.hartman":2lvt9nhm][quote="toasted_3111979":2lvt9nhm]Looks good! Waiting on my wheel and rotor. Then gotta polish.

I had absolutely no issue with my stock brake line. I didn't even need to take off the last mount on the swing arm like I've read so many times. Maybe I just got lucky or something.
Cool, thanks. The 1800 brake setup I got came with the line, wasn't sure about using it or the 1300 line. Re-using the stocker will save me a ton of time routing the line. :shock:[/quote:2lvt9nhm] i used the 1300 brake line, just used a spacer where the line bolts to the center of the swingarm. it gave the line some slack and works great. your bike is looking great! 8)
[/quote:2lvt9nhm]

What spacer art thousest referring to.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
its just a piece of 1/4" stainless tubing about 1/2" long, and a longer bolt. i also cut the rubber mounting grommets off of the line and slid them back up the brake line to line up with the bolt holes. looks like it came from the factory. 8)

·
Sith Lord
4,919 Posts
Meant to ask how's the clearance for your right leg with that intake. My Hyper is too far out and I was eyeballing that one. :twisted:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Eazy-E said:
Looks great! Before long you will want to go bigger :D
yup, I already have the swingarm for a 240, and thats what i want in the long run, but I have some ideas rolling around to do it a little differently. Maybe this winter, we'll see.

toasted_3111979 said:
Meant to ask how's the clearance for your right leg with that intake. My Hyper is too far out and I was eyeballing that one.
My biddy box set-up was in the way for my knee, so I can imagine about what you mean with the hyper. To answer your question, the hurricane is awsome...period. Bile is running great, like never before, and it is not in the way at all. It sticks way out but goes forward on a sharp angle, leaving leg room. The only thing is that it makes my highway peg on the right side completely useless. I think clearance may be an issue with forwards but I hope not. I want to get dublin extenders ang get rid of the highway pegs, so we'll see i guess.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts