Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 02 1800c that was dropped. I am too short to fit Jardine forward controls. Can I make these less of a reach? Ideas what to purchase? Anybody with standard set up that will trade? I believe these are like $500 new but means nothing to me if I can't ride...fixing tank, putting on 10.5 shocks back, needs stator which I got...seat cover to go on...getting there sliwly. Bought V &H Longshot baffles and don't fit...wonder what exhaust I have? I had VMax before this bike, those I new well....

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have an ‘03 C and I am very short. I found the standard pegs to be uncomfortable because of always having to push against them to keep my feet from sliding off at highway speed. I installed Cobra floorboards and it made ALL the difference in the world. Now my feet have a solid place to sit and I can even slide them back and forth a bit to break up the monotony since I do not have a heel/toe shifter.

·
Registered
8,928 Posts
I am sure I will be sorry for asking this..

why purchase a bike you do not fit...

I am a BIG guy.. I would never get one to small ...

in the 70's to 90's I altered many bikes so Ladies could ride...

cut down seat... cut springs.. front and rear... slide fork tubes up..

even swapping 17/19 inch wheels to 16/15...

make brackets to relocate pegs and shift linkage...

as for aftermarket stuff... return to stock .. new or used parts.. or make your own..

guys make there own luggage racks.. saddle bag brackets... even drivers back rests.... foot boards..

its just brackets... most cases .. welding not required.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts