Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you pay to have your tires mounted? They do all the work, remove it from the bike, take the old tire off, mount the new tire, balance it and put your bike back together.

What do you pay?

Their tires or some you brought to them?

·
Registered
453 Posts
i took my wheels in and the shop charged me 11 bucks per wheel to mount and balance.

i figure if they do all the work it should not cost more than 25-30 bucks per wheel.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Here In Alabama it cost you anywhere from 25 to 50 dollars for them to take it off and put it back on if you take rims to them you can get it done for the chaper amount.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The dealer here gets $52 for the rear on a Retro - whether you buy the tire from them or not. An independent shop I checked with gets $30 if you bought the tire from them, $50 if not. I think the front costs a few $ less.

(that's "on the bike" pricing, btw)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Here in Huntsville at KC's Honda, it is $80 if you bring the bike and $38 if bring the wheels, IF you buy the tires from them. They matched the HDL price for a pair of Metzler 880's. :) I buy a lot of stuff from HDL (waiting on my wife's bags and my Roadhouse Classics) but I had to get the best deal on mounting, etc.. :(

G

·
0 Posts
went to the honda town yesterday, was in a hurry, 65bucks to mount rear tire...

they saw me coming..but i needed done then...and they obliged...and that price i dont blame them

·
Registered
763 Posts
VTXtreme said:
Just got my new Avon Venoms mounted and balanced

<click on pic for larger picture>

$22.50 ea, when I brought them in, off the bike

If I didnt buy the tires from them $32 ea

If the tires are on the bike it costs a lot more (shop rate $70/hr)

BTW...If its a spoked wheel you likely need new inner tubes/liner as well +$$
I will be needing new tires in about 2/3K miles and looking at getting the Avon. Last two sets have been Metzler. I would be interested in your results with the Avon. Please let me know how they handle and how the wear is going, thanks.

Jon

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
$65 per tire if you buy tires from someplace other than them (i.e. HDL) $40 per tire if you buy from them. They have no deals on tire prices full retail at those prices they should mount for free IMHO 8)

·
Registered
776 Posts
Took my back tire and wheel down to new Honda dealer in Gastonia, Extreme Motorsports. Guy charged me $17.00 to mount the new tire, bought elsewhere. I saw a sign on the wall said Labor Rate $65.00 an hour, know it took them 40 minutes to do the job. Doing the front next weekend. Guess where I will go?

Yoman

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Bingo Kevin, a friend has a harbor freight tire changer we us it all the time takes about 15 min to do a set. Get two or three guys to pitch in and it is a $35.00 one time shot forever.

Be Safe

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
on the bike in Davenport Iowa

110$ for front and back if you dont buy from them.

70$ for front and back if you buy from them.

tires from them 150-200$ more hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1 - 19 of 19 Posts