Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing to add a front fork bag behind my Memphis windshield to hold a turnpike transponder, etc. I’m looking for recommendations for a 2006 VTX1800C. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
63,943 Posts
You really can't have a fork bag on an 1800 as the forks are inverted and the bag will slam into the fender at every bump. I carried my transponder on a handlebar mount from RAM

·
Registered
730 Posts
You really can't have a fork bag on an 1800 as the forks are inverted and the bag will slam into the fender at every bump. I carried my transponder on a handlebar mount from RAM
I never liked or used a fork bag or bag that will flop around when riding. It will scuff your bikes finishes. A small sissy bar bag cable tied to a sissybar/backrest I use on one of my bikes. It's secure and doesn't move around.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I am planning to mount the bag behind the Memphis windshield near the top of the forks.

·
Super Moderator
63,943 Posts
Well, then you should look for a windshield bag that mounts to the windshield a support. I believe Memphis uses Harley spacing so any Harley windshield bag would work

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts