Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is the 1800 board but I need help and am looking for expertise. I have a 2004 1300C. I had my lower forks chromed. I reassembled the forks and lent my bike to my dad for the day. When he got back there was fork oil all down the left side of the bike. It was coming from the seal on the left fork. Seal is brand new. I pulled the the dust seal and snap ring off and looked real carefully at the seal to see if I messed it up installing it. It was perfect! no marks, tears, nothing. I put the required amount of fork oil in each fork 15.5 ounces. Pumped the fork to get the air out. The right fork is fine. No leaks nothing! What is going on?

·
Super Moderator
63,774 Posts
Not sure that there is a cure for a leaking seal. If you pressed it in a little off center or placed too much pressure on the "lips"(for lack of a better word) this will distort the seal too. Get a new one and try again. 8)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chicago-Spike said:
Not sure that there is a cure for a leaking seal. If you pressed it in a little off center or placed too much pressure on the "lips"(for lack of a better word) this will distort the seal too. Get a new one and try again. 8)
$23.00 and I already spent it once :evil:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Problem after chroming.

I believe it was posted before my Mike aka Handler that sometimes after you hve the front forks chromed, they leak. You might want to run this by him.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
A piece of dirt or something could have gotten in there and caused it to leak. By doing what you've done you may have rectified it unless the slider was scratched in the process.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts