Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had an eventful ride home, and discovered my fork seal has blown.

Can anyone reference me a complete kit to replace all the stuff in the forks? Bushings, seals, etc. Im gonna go ahead and replace everything in both forks and get it out the way.

07 VTX1300C

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,690 Posts
Stick to the OEM parts.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I got home and parked, then it looked like a dog wet on my wheel. MAN was i pissed at those dogs! but no dogs had been in garage. So i found it was oil and did the same as you.( got instructions and where get parts) The the guy at honda store suggested I get a "seal doctor" when he heard i live on a gravel road . I got that in May followed his instruction, checked oil level (what a pain) and have been riding a few thousand miles without recurrence.

·
Registered
99 Posts
As mentioned in previous replies, go with the OEM seals. When I had mine done the tech said that it was very important to re-polish the tubes to remove burrs and micro scratches prior to the new seal install. I haven't had a problem since and that was years ago.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As mentioned in previous replies, go with the OEM seals. When I had mine done the tech said that it was very important to re-polish the tubes to remove burrs and micro scratches prior to the new seal install. I haven't had a problem since and that was years ago.

Yeah, I am. Gonna clean up the forks and everything else chrome and aluminum real good while I've got it tore down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts