Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. New to this site. I have an 08 1300C that I recently put cobra freeway bars on (regular, not fatty). They were a super easy install and look great (imho). However, I have big feet and I have problems moving my foot around the shift peg with the bar on. Sifting through the interwebs I saw very little on this same problem. Riding season will quickly be upon us and I'm looking for a solution. I had read someone put the heal/toe shifter from a 1300R on there...thoughts? I would do this as long as I don't need the platforms along with it. I thought about cutting half of the peg off to get more room to slide my boot under there...feasible? I went to a couple shops around town and neither of them could offer any help. Seems like if they open a catalog and can't find it in there you can't do it. Here is a link to what I'm describing. Where the tape measure is is where I slide my boot under.

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=86558&d=1365023464

my bike when brand new. I also have windshield and saddlebags on it now. More pictures later.
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=86557&d=1365023458

Happy Trails,
Nick

·
Registered
12,542 Posts
As the link previously mentioned, move the arm one spline over or try to adjust the rod with the spherical ends and the lock nuts. Looks like some plastic so don't abuse it.(It could be parkerized metal).

·
Registered
658 Posts

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome from the sw missouri ozarks, i had to adjust my shift lever up to get my steel toed boots under it with floorboards on my "c".

Sent from my big thumbs onTapatalk ?

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Welcome from NC

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Welcome to the board where your questions will be answered:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks

Keith, thats pretty much exactly what I was looking for so thank you. I am curious though, what is the nail polish for that he used? Rust prevention?

Everyone...
I feel like I'm breaking the law on here by saying this, but I rarely do my own work. Just a lack of tools and fear of breaking my bike. It's my baby and only vehicle I've ever bought brand new. I have had all my Honda recommended "checkups" done at the local bike shop (I'm up to about 20k miles), so I don't feel like I'm slacking too badly. After finding this forum though I feel like there's a lot more I should be doing. With that, I have more questions....

How often should a VTX owner do a thorough carb cleaning? I saw a recent cold weather choke post and realized mine is similar. I let it warm up for 5 min or so, but in really cold weather I always need a pinch of choke (just barely pulled out) for 5 miles before it's running nicely.
Are there other typical wear and tear items I should keep an eye out for?
I did find others on here that had ways to dim the high beam indicator LED....holy crap it is bright. I may tackle that one too.
Any other stock VTX items that can easily be altered or upgraded for bike longevity?

I'm super anal about keeping it clean, so it looks as shiny as the day I drove it home from the store. Besides that and my own air/oil filter and oil changes I'm pretty green.

Thanks for all the responses,
Nick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts