Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Go with the accutronix, I bought mine from Ebay the guy on there is good he has them often and they are the chrome versions. Cant remember his handle but he has them and I got mine for $595. I know its ebay but this guy works for them and somehow gets them. One of the guys from here bought them, had some trouble and called accutronix and the guy that sold them on ebay answers the phone. I would go that way. I wish I had his name but sorry dont.

Mark

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Sorry for the goofy question but im new to this whole motorcycle thing :oops: :lol:

What do forward controls do for you? If im guessing right, it moves the foot pegs/break/shifter forward on the bike for a more stretched out feel?
Am I correct?

Reason for question, Im 6'2" 270 and am wanting to stretch out a little more. The stock bars work fine but pegs need to move. I have thought about hiway pegs but dont want to put the hiway bar on my C' model.

Appreciate any info,
Bode

G

·
The guy's ebay seller ID is troonsouth. I have these controls (I'm the guy who contacted accutronix and had this same guy respond to my question). Anyway, I would say they move the controls a good 4 inches forward (and up a little). Being 6'3" myself I find these controls very comfortable. I had a buddy sit on my bike. He's shorter than me, probably 5'8" (although I'm a poor judge of height) and he couldn't even reach the foot pegs. I would say if your 6'0 or taller the reach won't be an issue. The only thing I don't like about them is that they don't come with folding footpegs. I was a little worried about it at first but I haven't scraped them yet, but I'll be the first to admit that I don't lean the bike too hard. Accutronix look WAY WAY WAY WAY better than Mapams. And they are very adjustable.

·
Registered
686 Posts
sjmenn said:
The guy's ebay seller ID is troonsouth. I have these controls (I'm the guy who contacted accutronix and had this same guy respond to my question). Anyway, I would say they move the controls a good 4 inches forward (and up a little). Being 6'3" myself I find these controls very comfortable. I had a buddy sit on my bike. He's shorter than me, probably 5'8" (although I'm a poor judge of height) and he couldn't even reach the foot pegs. I would say if your 6'0 or taller the reach won't be an issue. The only thing I don't like about them is that they don't come with folding footpegs. I was a little worried about it at first but I haven't scraped them yet, but I'll be the first to admit that I don't lean the bike too hard. Accutronix look WAY WAY WAY WAY better than Mapams. And they are very adjustable.

I too bought the Accutronics off Ebay. Very high quality

·
Registered
323 Posts
Bear,
The new peg ends up at about where the front of your board is on a "S" or Retro model. They don't really move it up. The guy I bought my X from had Highway pegs mounted off of the frame and to put my feet up on them I had to lift my leg up quite a bit and it was not comfortable at all. I am right at 6' and these forwards feel great. I road about 550 miles this week end and was just cruisin with no problems at all. The one thing I had a problem with on the install was my HUGE 3" HK Big Straights. I had to move the 3" chrome pipe right by the mounting point of the bracket for the new forwards. Good Luck with whatever you choose!!!

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Just got an email reply from troonsouth. He doesn't have anything for the Vtx at this time, but those blk tribal controls look real nice. hope he gets some others posted soon. $900.00 is a little steep. don't think the wife would like that all that much. Especially with kid #2 on the way.

BTW, all you guys on this site ROCK! so much info my brain steaming in its own juices.

feels great!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts