Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After installing Kuryakyn forward controls, I noticed that the stock brake line between the reservoir & the master cylinder now lightly rests against the front exhaust (V&H Big shots). So I measured the master cylinder side at 8mm & went looking locally for a replacement brake line to allow clearance of the exhaust. I ended up sourcing a 5/16(~8mm) high pressure brake fluid rated hose that I thought would work.

However, it turns out that the hose fitting at the reservoir side is 11mm(~7/16)! My new replacement hose cannot stretch this far :(

So I am after a 5/16 brake fluid rated hose with high flexibility for both 8mm & 11mm fittings to go between the reservoir & master cylinder, similar to the stock hose pictured below (without the pre-shaped bends).

Does anyone know of a suitable source for such a replacement hose?

Thanks.

S.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can try find reservoir what fits directly to the master cylinder.This kind of plumbing looks little ugly anyway.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Yes, at one time a hoseless reservoir was available. I have one, they are very nice. Sano. I think the cat traded under the name 'Hoggone'. Try searching it here and on the interweb. Pret sure they were discontinued but, you never know what you might scare up. So you know (if you don't) that hose doesn't handle any pressure, just gravity feeds the master.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts