Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive said it a few times but needs to be said again to help in my search.

Im 6'2" 265lbs.. im wanting to stretch out a little more on my 1300C. The stock foot pegs are ok for city riding but when I go for any distance over 15 miles I feel like a monkey f&%^ing a football all cramped up.

I'm only 4 months into owning a motorcycle ever so I dont know alot about the parts that are available.

Since I have the C model I really dont want to put a hiway bar/engine guard ( whatever its called) on the bike.

I have checked out the Accutronix?? (hope thats the right name) forward controls but they are like $900 bucks..

I also checked out the Kury hiway pegs in the link attached. http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=metric&ci=3269
Does anyone have these on their bike? Do they stretch you out any? What is your overall opinion of them? :? :?

I appreciate the help,
Bode

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm 5'9" and installed them over the winter on my C model. I like the stretched feel when riding out on the open road, they put your feet a little on the high side. I'd guess that with you being a bit taller these would feel more comfortable to you yet. It's a nice change from the standard foot mounts.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Cruise Peg Mounts for VTX1300

I just put these on about 2 weeks ago, so far, nothing but positive to say. I have the small kury Iso pegs on both these & regular peg to give me the most room (wider pegs will push back your boot heel). I have them adjusted up as high as they go to try for the most ground clearance as I have been told they are bad to scrape; so far I've not touched them down; if it proves to be a problem I will do as another member here has & cut 1" off of the spacers to provide the ground clearance. I am running mine with just the male mount & peg, no off sets & they really let me stretch my legs. I am 6' with a 34" inseam if that helps............. :D Rod

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had Kury offset pegs on my Vulcan that I switched over to the X. I found them to be too high & couldn't lower them without interfering with the brake/shifter, ( I had switchblades on them), so I gave them to the wife.

I went with the Kury 4519 cruise peg mounts & added the Large iso pegs. I like em much better. I'm 6'1"

·
Registered
443 Posts
Badbod...I am in same postion your in....I will probably go with the smaller hiway bars just cause they are about the same price as the Kury pegmounts and you still have to buy the pegs anyway......
BIKE PARTS......can you say "cha-ching" $$$$$ This bike by the time I am done could cost more than Goldwing...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm thinking of getting the highway bar from Lindby, haven't seen them on a 1300 yet.
Check 'em out
lindbycustom.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts