Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help bed I have a 2006 Honda VTX 1300 can something in the carburetor is not get enough fuel to the bike the tack and carburetor is clean for some reason it's just not flowing good what can I do and what the problem please help

·
Registered
938 Posts
Welcome to the site. I’m sure others will come along soon with better suggestions, but I’d start with checking the vacuum lines. They tend to crack with age, and the petcock needs a good vacuum to operate. Another issue could be the diaphragm in the petcock. I understand it can be disabled so it just becomes a gravity flow, but then you need to shut the flow off every time you shut the big off.
Another cause can be the float in the bowl needs to be adjusted.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Start with simple things first. Did you get a bad tank of gas. Before adding Techtron cleaner, use up all the tank. I always use name brands, Shell, same pump, and same station. When did you change the plugs? Did you do the ground fix. I did mine with 10 AWG stranded making a complete loop back to the battery, results in 60 am wire once it completes the loop. When I did mine on my 2003 VTX 1800R, drove from garage up the street and I could tell the difference. Fuel filter install date. When was the last tune up, spark plugs. Research hydrogen generator to understand this, normally get the fuel filter wet to clean the inside of the engine. Have a Hyper Charger so wetting mine every time bike is washed. Cleans spark plugs. Hydrogen generator does the same thing, as water is made by combining oxygen and hydrogen back together as you burn the hydrogen. All this is a good start. Research.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Start with simple things first. Did you get a bad tank of gas. Before adding Techtron cleaner, use up all the tank. I always use name brands, Shell, same pump, and same station. When did you change the plugs? Did you do the ground fix. I did mine with 10 AWG stranded making a complete loop back to the battery, results in 60 am wire once it completes the loop. When I did mine on my 2003 VTX 1800R, drove from garage up the street and I could tell the difference. Fuel filter install date. When was the last tune up, spark plugs. Research hydrogen generator to understand this, normally get the fuel filter wet to clean the inside of the engine. Have a Hyper Charger so wetting mine every time bike is washed. Cleans spark plugs. Hydrogen generator does the same thing, as water is made by combining oxygen and hydrogen back together as you burn the hydrogen. All this is a good start. Research.
A 1300 and a 1800 are completely different beasts. The 1300 is a carb and the 1800 is fuel injected.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts