Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1300 r fouls plugs within 30 miles. I've posted about how I've done all the jetting and rejetting. The pair has been remove. One last option I have is The vacuum line from the pair is routed from petcock to carb to a T that is then run to the bottom part of the carb where the coolant flow. Just realized last night that the pair vacuum should be completely eliminated . Am I thinking on the right track

·
Registered
32 Posts
Had this problem. The choke was stuck in open position. I took it apart and cleaned it.
Further more look for leaks in the carburator manifold. Spray some carburator cleaner on the manifold while the engine is running. If the rpm rises you know you have a leak.

Succes!

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Coolant flow and vacuum do not meet..
Look again.. PAIR hose and a "T" can be removed.

Manifold vacuum source on manifold to "T" to Petcock and to Carb ACO.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So Hans , people say they eliminate the t and run only hose straight from petcock to carb. What is the vacuum on the manifold go to

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
The manifold connection is the "Source" of the vacuum.

You have a serious problem. Fouling sparkplugs in 30 miles.
Is your X guzzling that much gas??? You should see a black smoke screen.

Crankcase vent hose, where is it??

You said modified air box..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes Hans , It is guzzling gas , and lots of black smoke. Runs great til it fouls the plugs.When I bought it last summer the PO had put on straight pipes KN filter chopped the top of the air cleaner and jetted with a after market kit . I took off pipes ,got original exhaust back on got a new air box oem air filter and rejetted back to original with 215 and 58 . New choke cable . Everything in the crb is new ecxcept for the slide . Im getting ready to take the loss and start looking for something else .Buy I like the ride ,when it runs

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
195 was the OEM main jet from 2003 to 2007

Low jet was #55

Try the correct jets.
Partzilla
39 JET, MAIN (#195) 99101-393-1950 In Stock $6.02 $5.31

40 JET, SLOW (#55) 99103-MEA-0550 In Stock $8.53 $7.54

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
The float needle valve or the choke aka enricher not working correctly.
The choke is spring loaded to close.
I created a problem once by pushing the choke knob in fully many times and the cable sheath and rubber separated a slight bit.
The photo shows the separation. There should be a GAP between the knob and the rubber cover, about 3/32" to 1/8".
The rubber cover has a nut under it. Pressing and turning the rubber cover/nut will affect the retraction of the knob.
I did not have any excessive fuel consumption.

The float needle valve is most likely the problem.
Someone had similar issues(2018 or 19) and after a few attempts he finally found the offending trash.
Any fuel leaking out of the carb?

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Hans. Good info. I noticed earlier on that the choke rubber cover you pictured was loose. I replaced the float and needle set.Are you talking about the float needle seat. ? That's the only thing I didn't replace. I believe it isn't replaceable It'll be a few days before I get back out to the garage, if you've seen the weather you know we're in for a big winter ice storm here in mid Michigan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Hans. Good info. I noticed earlier on that the choke rubber cover you pictured was loose. I replaced the float and needle set.Are you talking about the float needle seat. ? That's the only thing I didn't replace. I believe it isn't replaceable It'll be a few days before I get back out to the garage, if you've seen the weather you know we're in for a big winter ice storm here in mid Michigan .

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts