Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for part of the jack, anyway...

Was walking around the yard, doing odd jobs, and noticed that the slightest breeze made the tree in the front yard creek. Look up and HOLY SHIOT!!! Big crack down the middle, and the half that is ready to break off is aimed squarely at the house. So I get out a ladder, big thick rope, and the tie down straps for my jack. Used the straps/come-alongs high above the cracked fork to pull the branches back together. Then looped the rope back and forth around the trunks 9 times and tied it off. I let the comealongs go and it held. Have to get up there with a chain saw soon, though, as I don't trust it. It's a nice tree, too. Sucks.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Riverside said:
I use mine to carry my paycheck.....

down to the gas station.
Maybe you should talk to your boss, Mr. Slate, about direct deposit, then apply for a MasterRock credit card to lighten your load.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Glad I got the Crewline aluminum jack...good price too. 8)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hey Sandman
Call a tree care pro.They sometimes can put bolts and cables in the tree fix it up good as new.Make sure you pick a reputable though,I saw a thread a while back where some guy had some trouble with a tree company.Look in the phonebook for a certified arborist,most will give you a free estimate.I spent 36 years in the business,they can work magic.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
B.A.R. said:
Hey Sandman
Call a tree care pro.They sometimes can put bolts and cables in the tree fix it up good as new.Make sure you pick a reputable though,I saw a thread a while back where some guy had some trouble with a tree company.Look in the phonebook for a certified arborist,most will give you a free estimate.I spent 36 years in the business,they can work magic.
A guy at my churchdoes just that, shoule be coming out in a few days to look at it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts