Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing you need to remember is that when they draw these they stick in things which won't be used. So just because you see it in the drawing doesn't mean it will be in the finished version. And these are all recent dates.

And now that you saw the drawings above, where is the radiator going to be?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The radiator patent was from 2004 as is the swing arm, and I am not sure about the snow machine. From what I have seen Honda has alot patents they are not using.

Application dates are 2004 and patent dates are later. Look on right top. Honda probably does a lot of these early as no one can put it all together until they see the complete drawing of the bike and those they do at the last minute so people can't figure it out. They don't want their competitors to know what is going on.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
That last sketch of a complete raked bike is likely about what it is.

·
Retired Seabee, CM1
1,209 Posts
Hal, was you in the honda business when the Rune came out? Was the secretcy, etc... about it, like this Fury?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hal, was you in the honda business when the Rune came out? Was the secretcy, etc... about it, like this Fury?
I was a Honda dealer when the Rune came out and it was a more open deal.

From what I have heard they are trying to let the dealers know more than the consumer this time. Kind of like they are trying to get the dealers on board first and use the dealers to sell the customer rather than the customer walking in and asking the dealer about something he knows nothing about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts