Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cruisin to the Barn 2015 will be held on April 18th Just west of Demopolis Alabama. Come out for free BBQ, Beer, live band and a lot of classic cars and motorcycles! Easy to find, come to the intersection of US Hwy 80 & State Hwy 28 and follow the signs. Kicks off around 10 oclock and ends when you leave! It's the same weekend as Faunsdale Bike Rally just down the road! Always a good time. I'm helping the host drink beer and cook! Everybody is welcome!

Bill

·
Registered
164 Posts
Cool! Thanks for the invite. I haven't been to the Faunsdale Rally in about 5 years. Your putting ideas in my head. If we happen to attend the rally, we will break away long enough to stop by and say hello.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good RoadTrip, I plan on having my VTX there and also having one of vintage bikes there. Hope to see ya!

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Rode down last year and looked at some cars, had a refreshment. I hope the weather is as nice this year I need some seat time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rode down last year and looked at some cars, had a refreshment. I hope the weather is as nice this year I need some seat time.
Cruisin to the Barn is still a go. Come on down, Lunch served at 12! Hope it doesn't rain. The dirt road is in good shape, I just rode it to Stan's house to help him set up. I will have my VTX there this year instead of the my vintage bike. Just found a dang nail in the tire and it wont hold air, so my trusty VTX will get me there.

Bill

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool! Thanks for the invite. I haven't been to the Faunsdale Rally in about 5 years. Your putting ideas in my head. If we happen to attend the rally, we will break away long enough to stop by and say hello.
Come on over! Everyone is invited!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a heads up, if you ride through Demopolis be careful. Road construction workers have Hwy 80 through town all ground up and grooved. Lots of loose rock!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cruisin to the Barn was a very small crowd this year. The threat of rain plus the college A Day games kept several car clubs from coming and bike riders home. We had tons of ribs leftover but we had fun cooking and socializing. I guess we only had 40-50 people show up, only a few antique cars and only 5 motorcycles. THERE WAS NO RAIN! I even had time to come home and cut the grass! Hopefully next year the weather will be more promising and we can have a big year like last years!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sorry to hear about the low turnout. This spring has been cooler than normal and a "washout" for many Alabama motorcycle events. Some friends of mine attended the Faunsdale rally this weekend and regretted going. I was told that it was more like a "Mudfest". Better bike weather will be just around the corner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts