1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
895 Posts
on the website it says: Motorcycles ride for free this Spring and Fall with a paid adult fare

so does that mean you have to pay the $134 round trip cost for an adult without a vehicle? doesn't seem like such a good deal anymore.... unless i'm reading it wrong

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a great deal....:dontknow:.... You save $45.00 one way and $90.00 round trip. Plus you save a days ride............Thru Chi-town? Southern part of Lake MI sucks any way)
So lets see.... pay for a room for a night. summer rates .......over $100.00 .....Now you have to eat....$25.00.....and your gas to ride down around the Lake $50.00 or more. Add a few beers $$$$$$
Doesn't sound to bad to me............
I have never traveled on the Lake Express, but sounds like it only takes two hours......... We have sailed on the SS Badger from Ludington to Manitowoc, takes 4 hours and is a nice break from riding.
You could ride over to MI for a long weekend, ride around hang out and back home. West coast of MI is fantastic riding. If you never road around the lake. It is a must do ride.

Lee

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I took the Lake Express with my Dad when we took the bikes around the lake. It was really very nice. That boat is really fast, the wind is really strong when you are in the top observation deck - totally cool. The passenger area is very nice with a bar and televisions and nice chairs. I wold recommend it, and it saves a ton of time to get to Michigan. If I never see Chicago again I would be just fine. Ideally, I'd take the Lake Express round trip and spend more time just expolring the Michigan side for 3 days. Seen the UP - boring. Seen Chicago/Indiana highway - fugly. I could miss that .

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Its a great deal....:dontknow:.... You save $45.00 one way and $90.00 round trip. Plus you save a days ride............Thru Chi-town? Southern part of Lake MI sucks any way)
So lets see.... pay for a room for a night. summer rates .......over $100.00 .....Now you have to eat....$25.00.....and your gas to ride down around the Lake $50.00 or more. Add a few beers $$$$$$
Doesn't sound to bad to me............
I have never traveled on the Lake Express, but sounds like it only takes two hours......... We have sailed on the SS Badger from Ludington to Manitowoc, takes 4 hours and is a nice break from riding.
You could ride over to MI for a long weekend, ride around hang out and back home. West coast of MI is fantastic riding. If you never road around the lake. It is a must do ride.

Lee
I was just talking with one of my buds, he said the same thing. Chitcago and southern Mitchigan (spelling intentional) really suck. He also said that far north Mitchigan sucks also, nothing but trees and asphalt. He did say that there are some very nice roads in that state:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I think their saying is by taking the ferry, you can spend more time riding through the better roads than going through Chicago and Indiana and the southern part of Michigan. I've never been through there so I really dont know how the ride is so I'm not one to judge.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
A few years ago I had to go to Indianapolis for a meeting. It took over 6 hours drive from Milwaukee to there. The trip across the lake takes about 2.5 hours.

·
Registered
732 Posts
A few years ago I had to go to Indianapolis for a meeting. It took over 6 hours drive from Milwaukee to there. The trip across the lake takes about 2.5 hours.
Yep that would definately save you time....so would NOT driving to Indianapolis on a trip to Michigan ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts