·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
353 Posts
manual

Hi I tried to download it and it will not download .There is nothing to click on that I can see .What i'm I doing wrong? Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Re: manual

yo_odie said:
Hi I tried to download it and it will not download .There is nothing to click on that I can see .What i'm I doing wrong? Thanks
It doesn't look like a link but hover your cursor over "Download File" you'll find it is a link. The download will take awhile. I'm at 37% after about half an hour.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, its a huge file and even with cable/dsl it will take a while...well worth the wait.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have this service manual on a CD & can send a coy to anyone who is unable to d/l it. I was unable to do the d/l since I only have dialup available @ home so a kind gentlemen from AZ sent me the CD. Just passing on the favor.

Send me a PM with your address & I'll send it off to you.

I did save it to a flash drive that I can carry on the bike - thought this might be helpful on trips.

·
Registered
353 Posts
download

I am still not getting anywear all I get is
Loading download, please wait..... .I waited for over 1/2 hour and then it went away and then nothing ???? I know its me but I don't know what to do Thanks

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: manual

KrispyKreme said:
yo_odie said:
It doesn't look like a link but hover your cursor over "Download File" you'll find it is a link. The download will take awhile. I'm at 37% after about half an hour.
YO_ODIE
Here was the reply to your original question, but I will try to clarify.

It doesnt look like a link. After it stops saying "downloading please wait" you have to click on "DOWNLOAD FILE", which is gray in the upper left.
It does not look like a button or link.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Thanks for the info about the download. I'm downloading right now.

Do you need a special program to open it? Is it year specific or just a general 1300 manual?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mike's04VTX1300R said:
Thanks for the info about the download. I'm downloading right now.

Do you need a special program to open it? Is it year specific or just a general 1300 manual?
Its a standard Adobe Acrobat file.
You probably already have it, if you dont, you can download it for free http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

·
Registered
353 Posts
manual

Got It .Thanks all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'd also like to know if it is year specific. My bike is an '07....has anything changed since 03 other than the fuel pump that this manual will mislead me?

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
For those going to this link, just be cautious.

"They" are cracking down more and more these days on illegal file sharing such as this.

I am not making any moral judgements here.....do what you need to do .....I guess.....(although looking at how much we spend on our bikes for "bling", doesn't seem like stealing a copy of the manual to work on the same bike makes much sense).....

.....but I have seen a couple folks get nailed recently for sharing illegal copies of copyrighted stuff before (and make no mistake, the Honda service manual is a copyrighted work)....it isn't worth the $40 or so you can get an actual hard copy manual for on e-bay in my opinion.

Just my $.02 and ymmv.

·
Registered
157 Posts
service manual CD

PM sent thanks again. I remember when having a "bootleg" album or tape was "cool". Times they are a-changing.(B.D.)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.