Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:shock: Russ meets up with me at my house to collect some flyers to pass along to the band, so that they may give them out to their loyal fans......I tell him the flyers are at work, and I had to run to town anyhow, so we set off for Granola Central.

After getting the flyers, I tell Russ that I've got 2 stops to make, both in the city, then it's time for an adult beverage. Right after stop #1, in the heart of "Tha Hood," on State St near the intersection of Plain St, I proclaimed "Welcome to tha Hood," out loud and we start rolling off with the green light.

I see something coming at me from right, on the sidewalk in front of me as I'm in the intersection........it looked like a big dog running for its life. No......it was a deer!! In the heart of Ithaca, this thing is running down the sidewalk, darts out in front of me in the crosswalk.

The only thing I could do was stare, I almost hit it. Had I done one of my signature starts, I'd have either hit it, or it would have plowed into me. I can't help but laugh and think out loud at that moment that today is Friday the 13th. Wow. :shock:

Anyone else have that beat today???

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
It's not all bad. We had done MANY "signature starts" yesterday. As fate would have it, at this particular intersection, we gently rolled at the green light.

ZOOOOOM! out comes the big dog! Maybe he got something from Da Hood and was getting out of Dodge!

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Friday the 13th....Opened the shop 10am (rode in).

By 12 noon had a 2k remodel under my belt and around 12:30 my younger 16yo daughter comes rolling in with her boyfriend.
Phone was dead so I make them follow me to the beach where I bought them lunch.
Wiffie finds out I closed the store (calls forwarded to cell) and gets mad at me.
On the way home from the beach (me on the bike and the kids in the car) my daughter bf runs outta gas. Got him a container and gas and told them see ya later.
Went home continued fight with the boss lady and then took her to diner.
had another fight and went drinkin at the local biker bar.
All was peacefull there. All were smiling got home by midnight, and did an alcohol indused burnout in the drive way peeling tar all over my wiffies front bumper :lol:
Put the bike away and went to sleep.
This morning cleaned wiffies car and called the driveway guy to reseal the driveway $80.
Not bad I thought I'm still ahead in the revenue department :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.