Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have mentioned my friend in numerous of my post he is my brother in law. We grew up together he was a friend long before he became my brother in law. We both had bikes years ago but got out of them years ago and raised our families. He bought his bike about 6 months after I got mine. Over the last 2 years we have ridden together a lot and taken vacations together for the last 2 years with our wives on our bikes. last weekend we went on a ride and took another friend and his wife along we went over to Arkansas and rode Hwy 65 down to Vidalia La. and spent the night then hit the Natchez trace and were riding it up to Kosiesko Ms. We had had a great ride we were at around 120 miles of the trace ride when the wife wanted to stop at one of the little stops and I was in the lead of our group I put my blinker on and we pulled into the little loop and were stopping in the middle of it when I heard the tires lock up and the crash. I looked back behind us and they were on the road. I dont really know what happened but my brother in law hit the back of the other bike and went down the other friend and his wife didn't go down but were very upset. I ran over to check on my Brother in law and didn't even know that he had hit their bike till later. My wifes sister had roadrash but was ok no broken bones or anything. But the brother in law wasn't so lucky. He is still in ICU after 3 days. He has 8 broken ribs with multiple breaks a puncured lung and a bruised brain. Luckily its not swelling. We got a call this morning that he had been taken off the ventilator and was breathing on his own for now a big improvement from the last 3 days. He is awake for the first time. Maybe he has turned the corner and is on the way back. Its bad to hear about someone you don't know going down but to be with a friend that does is a very disturbing thing and the 30 to 45 minutes till the ambulance arrived seemed like hours.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Hope the corner has been turned for the better and you and the whole family feel better looking on the road to recovery. Prayers sent up to the Man that listens to all of us.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am sorry to hear about this. I certainly hope he is well on his way to a full recovery - we'll pray for him.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Its always hard to hear about a Brother that went down weather it be by blood marriage or the brotherhood that comes with being a biker. My brother just went down about 2 weeks ago at about 45ish and slide past me on his back he is healing up good from the road rash and we have already started rebuilding his bike. ( transfering to a new frame it hit a telephone pole). i hope he is on the road to a speedy and full recovery. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. please keep us posted on how he is doing. keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Man that sucks. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. I went down the other day, I was pretty lucky though. Just banged up, no broken bones. Again, good luck and speedy recovery.

Mike

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I certanly know how he feels. I am messed up for life. When someoneyou know closely it effects everyone.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Will keep everyone in our prayers and hope for speedy recovery

·
Registered
248 Posts
My friend also went down recently with the same injuries and broken ribs , pelvis and 2 bruises on his brain. I just saw him yesterday and he is improving, talking and joking but having a hard time remembering things. The Dr. said that was normal and he should continue to improve. He has one more surgery on his pelvic bone today. I've been changing up my driving lately .. If at all possible, I never stop on a highway to turn left if a cager is behind me. I go further down and make a u-turn or take a different route. Also, around here the women (politically not correct, I know) tailgate so bad and can't seem to stop if something happens ahead. A police friend of mine said 90% of this these types of accidents are the fault of a female usually between 16-35. Regardless of who it is, when a cage rides my ass I just take the next turn and let them go around giving them PLENTY of gradual slow-down time to make it. Ride like you're invisible and NEVER expect the cage to do the right thing. Just my $.02

1 - 11 of 11 Posts