Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone run the stock map that comes loaded in the pcIIIusb ??
I swiched from cobra unit to PC and the Bike seems to run just fine. No lags pulls good in all gears at all RPM's no decel popping. the bike is 02 1800 Retro with CDS open air filter system, Pair valve pluged, Roadhouse 2 into 1 system. and a newley added PCIII usb. Should I expect the bike to run even better with a different Map.? Oh ya spark plug look a tad on the rich side but not too bad. I have not been able to find a map for my setup so I'm running what came from the factory. Any comments or suggestions on different maps will be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eric: If your PCIII did not have a Map installed from the factory How did the bike start and run? or did you have to install a map prior to starting the bike? Or Is my bike running on the honda factory settings and not using the PcIII at all ? I wish I knew. So many questions.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
HARD said:
Eric: If your PCIII did not have a Map installed from the factory How did the bike start and run? or did you have to install a map prior to starting the bike? Or Is my bike running on the honda factory settings and not using the PcIII at all ? I wish I knew. So many questions.
I still havent started the bike. :lol: . Seriously,today I installed the software and hooked the laptop to the PCIII and there was "no map present" . I loaded the map submitted by "highnote" on www.bareasschoppers.com. I would say that a CDS is comparable to a Thunder. See what you find and try it. If you really want good performance and good gas mileage have a map made to your bike. Find a power commander tuning center in your area. Post places in your area to see if anybody else has had good luck with them.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'v contacted the local Dyno jet performance center. They just happen to be a HD dealer and they do not work on anything but (butt) HD's. They would not even anser any questions concderning the pcIIIusb because they did not sell it to me and it's not on a Harley Davidson. They are such Buttholes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts