Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I see some of you have longer and bigger front fenders on their C, and was wondering if they are built with the original one as a base, completely built from scratch, or are available as an aftermarket part. If so, from where ??? I want one of these!!!:thumbup:

·
Lady Rider
4,246 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Love that one too, and its even cheaper than the others. But isn't it a bit low to the ground at the back ??? I have a feeling that the rear of it would get a beating on bad roads??? No???

Kermit has a great question also, how do you fit it to the forks ???

·
Registered
122 Posts
This is what I am doing to mount mine. I bought a dented front fender off E-Bay and ground the welds to just have the mounting bracket itself. I then checked my clearance with the new fender and then milled the mounting ends to allow 5/8 to my end plates. I countersunk the holes in the original bracket through the end plates into the fender. The standard height is 7/8. I wanted to be a little lower but wanted to be centered off the rim for uniformity rather than slamming the fender to 1/2 and having the spacing be larger further out from the forks. I hope my pictures show up to explain all of this. I am meeting the painter sunday to have it color matched to my bike, candy black cherry or "the fastest color".

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
It is a very well made steel fender.I used aluminum spacers from mc mastrer carr(2"x3/4" with a 5/16" ID) to mount the fender. After a test ride I cut the back of my fender to bring it up a bit.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am using the x-choppers long o c f fender. The flange width was too narrow for my fork so I used the inner bracket from another fender and milled the surface flat so I could weld small plates to the bracket. I am also using the round spacers for side to side adjustments. I set the tire clearance using a suggestion from a member on this site by cutting lengths of hose or vinyl tubing 21 inches long and taping them on my tire and then setting the fender on top. You can experiment with 1/2 (min) to 5/8- 3/4-7/8 and see what you like. I wanted a even spacing off the rim so I didn't slam it because I kept the rim and tire stock (for now). I didn't have to cut the length of the fender at all.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Guys, I see some of you have longer and bigger front fenders on their C, and was wondering if they are built with the original one as a base, completely built from scratch, or are available as an aftermarket part. If so, from where ??? I want one of these!!!:thumbup:

The one in this picture is the same one Lamartian posted. Corrado_driver(bike pictured above) had to cut a notch in the bottom of the fender due to the rake on his bike. I am installing the same fender soon(just painted) and I will post pics when it is finished.

You will need 5.5 inch fender as I don't think you could clear the tire with anything less.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts