Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the Retro front fender will fit a Neo model without modification? I've no access to technical manuals and can't make heads or tails out of the online parts breakdowns. If I decide to put a Retro front fender on my Neo, do I need different hardware?

Been looking for a Neo front fender forever, and can't seem to get lucky enough to find one. I really don't like the Retro look, but I guess a front fender is better than no front fender...just want to be sure the thing will fit easily and without extra costs.

Thanks...appreciate any insight in advance!

:roll:

·
Registered
34 Posts
You could go to your local Honda dealer and look at them close up, if they have them in stock. I know my dealer has a bunch of used and a few new on the floor.

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
The retro front fender will fit your Neo.
At worst you might need to also order the chrome mounting brackets, but
I believe that the Neo and Retro use the same brackets.

·
Registered
214 Posts
You might want to check out the 1800 Classifieds on this site, seems to me I saw one for sale just recently.
You may have to scroll a few pages, but check into it, good luck.
Ride safe
Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, all, for your suggestions. Nothing local here (Maine). Will keep looking. They do use the same brackets. I sure do prefer the Neo fender, though. I think mine is too far gone for body work, but maybe that's something I can play with too. There was one for sale, but it was a black one that has been making the rounds, I think...have seen the same one for sale several times (at least different folks are using the same photo).

Thakns again for your help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, all, for your suggestions. Nothing local here (Maine). Will keep looking. They do use the same brackets. I sure do prefer the Neo fender, though. I think mine is too far gone for body work, but maybe that's something I can play with too. There was one for sale, but it was a black one that has been making the rounds, I think...have seen the same one for sale several times (at least different folks are using the same photo).

Thanks again for your help.
Am checking J&P Cycles for an aftermarket replacement, too...seems that may be the way I'll have to go. The Baron Gangster looks like a promising fit (I hope).:joke:

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Your Honda dealer can order you a replacement fender in the
exact same color that came on your original bike, which can save you time
while the fender would otherwise be at a paint shop.

I changed from C model fenders to R model fenders in the winter of 2003
before there were so many used parts available thru E-bay and
Craig's list, but I did not find the cost of the fenders thru the dealer
to be exorbitant when you included the cost of matching the paint
(or maybe painting the entire bike to match the fenders)
at a paint shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts