Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have had 2004 c model for almost 2 weeks. Ran into some stray showers this past weekend and my left foot got drenched but not the right. Turns out the exhaust pipe coming out of the front cylinder deflected water on the right side. I have the original fender on this bike. Does anyone have a simple solution/suggestion to deflect the water away from my feet? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Good luck I have an S with the long fenders and my left foot still gets wetter than my right. The only thing I have found that works for me is the crash bar covers I have(Desert Dawgs). With them on my knees will still get wet but not bad.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
google ebay "Harley mud flap." I have one on my 1300.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Good luck I have an S with the long fenders and my left foot still gets wetter than my right. The only thing I have found that works for me is the crash bar covers I have(Desert Dawgs). With them on my knees will still get wet but not bad.
I second that. I did put lowers on also. The Desert Dawgs are great and I stay warmer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems humorous that only one foot gets wet when riding through a puddle. Humorous and frustrating.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Seems humorous that only one foot gets wet when riding through a puddle. Humorous and frustrating.
Yep, I think the front brake has something to do with it as well as the pipes.

·
Registered
12,910 Posts
I have dumped water out of my boots a few times. Look into water resistant boots.
Usually the tongue is stitched near the bottom but on water resistant it is stitched
around the bottom and sides. Look at "tactical" boots. I had two pairs from Wally World
that worked great but no longer exist.

You have a "C", it is the fastest.
Ride safe and enjoy..

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
I have dumped water out of my boots a few times. Look into water resistant boots.
Usually the tongue is stitched near the bottom but on water resistant it is stitched
around the bottom and sides. Look at "tactical" boots. I had two pairs from Wally World
that worked great but no longer exist.

You have a "C", it is the fastest.
Ride safe and enjoy..
Gore Tex USMC boots should work. I use SIDI On Road Touring boots. Never had wet feet. I ride with them on year round in hard rain, Texas heat, and Colorado snow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts