Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel mi front suspention is too soft . When i put the new progressive spring ( 11-1520 for VTX ) i did change the fork seal too so it was completely dry and clean then i put the exact amount from vtx manuel of 10W full syntetic in it is it ok or did i have too add more oil or change for 15W . I notice it buttom out a few time , i feel some time at over 60 MPH it like sway and when is on the kick stand and i lift it upright the front end drop a inch or two like it play almost free . Finaly i didn't know if it normal i can screew the cap on the forck lot more easy with the front tire of the ground then mi last 1300 . BTW i did check mi rear shock bushing and some as to be change so i order the green one this time it will maybe take care of the sway at high speed i hope so .

Thanks for your answer

Richard

·
Registered
16,073 Posts
The forks are very different than 1300. You can try the heavier oil, I did once and didn't like the feel. It really slowed down the rebound. If rear bushings are bad it can cause some weird issues. Also make sure your tire pressures are consistent at 40 front and rear (cold)

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Falowing

So I did change the shock bushing n use the green one from the F model it did run better but the front suspension is too soft like last week a stupid Sundy driver in a Corvette step on the brake in slow trafic too make a left turn n i have too hit the front brake n the fork bottoming out . So now i wander if the progressive spring i by use hare really progressive cause they loke like close too the OEM or if the bike I by use have already progressive in it ... How can I recognize the OEM from the progressive ??? Now in the fork I put 10W so I think too drop it n try 15W .. What did you think please let me know

Thank you

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
When I replaced my front springs 2 years ago, I mixed an equal volume of 10W with 15W for a final net of 12.5W. I'm satisfied with it.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Did you run Goldwing or vtx progerssive spring or OEM
Progressive brand springs for VTX, purchased @ Iron Pony in Westerville, Oh.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Question

Two years ago when I desassembled the fork I forgot to mesure the lock nut under each top fork cap so in the manuel they said to screew the lock nut fully finger tigh then screew the top cap but they didn't mention how far to screew it ... Did this adjustment is just for the axel to be aligned whit each fork ?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update

So I did put 15W in it by dropping the 10W in to a measuring container n find it missing aprox. 1 ounce in each fork strange cause i did put the right amount two years ago n the seal didn't leak can the missing ounce is the result of mi bottoming out front fork ? Finally I am really happy after the road test I feel the bike so much easier to handle n just a little stiffer . Cant tell if it's because 15w insted 10w or ounce missing .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts