Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front tire on my Honda VTX 1300 r is wearing more on the left side then the right just got the bike wondering what is causing that. I'm assuming if I take it and get a new tire put on it they might would know if the tire or wheel is not put on straight Maybe?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
Second question about this the past week.
I can appreciate needing to ask a question...hell look at my post count...but sometimes there is so much more in a search....Ive riding my X for 14 years and still find myself using search....

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I can appreciate needing to ask a question...hell look at my post count...but sometimes there is so much more in a search....Ive riding my X for 14 years and still find myself using search....
Thats exactly my point. SEARCH is there for everyone. They need to learn to use it!

·
Registered
755 Posts
My back tire on my x gets worn more on left side too. Its the slant built into the roads to drain water off causes this . road slant, bike straight up .

·
Registered
876 Posts

Yeah, but 25% of your posts say "deleted"

·
Registered
112 Posts
search my post in 2007 or 8,

full report.. bike on a Honda frame alignment jig.

if you are running aftermarket exhaust.. bike is not balanced left to right..

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Oh, IDK. The stock C pipes and muffler that came with, but not on, my C, looked and felt heavier than my HK 3's. The stock flanges, while not much, are thicker than the aftermarkets. Can't be more than a few #'s difference.

·
Registered
112 Posts
OK, got me curious

I took my spare complete VTX 1800 exhaust system with the "Y" mounting bracket

its 41 pounds... no aftermarket system is that much.. not even close.

·
Premium Member
6,541 Posts
OK, got me curious

I took my spare complete VTX 1800 exhaust system with the "Y" mounting bracket

its 41 pounds... no aftermarket system is that much.. not even close.
V&H Bigshots felt like half of that. I'd never have guessed 41#. They should have put the exhaust on a diet. The Harley system with 4" mufflers ... each muffler must be close to 20#. But then, nothing on that bike is about saving weight ... including the rider .. LOL

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am about FACTS...

not guess's .. or other peoples advice not based on facts.
50 years in the business. directly or indirectly

educated choices should have SOME Fact as well.. my opinion.

I have removed and install many exhaust systems... Honda and aftermarket..
the VTX1800 exhaust is the heaviest I have ever held.

even the 1975 Goldwing

1 - 20 of 37 Posts